or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

It's an iPhone with a bigger screen. I don't see what the big deal is.
People need to stop expecting things that most likely aren't going to happen, at least not right now. Over on MacRumors people are complaining that the screen isn't bezel free. Did anyone seriously think the next iPhone would be bezel free? After Apple just implemented Touch ID into the home button? I'm sure it considerable amount of work when it's engineering that. Are we really supposed to believe that only one year later Apple would engineer something completely...
different design on the front? How different can you design a rectangular screen? As far as the bezels, Apple just introduced Touch ID into the home button last year. Did anyone seriously think a year later the home button would be gone? Did anyone seriously think Apple would incorporate asymmetrical top and bottom bezels? I suppose they could have shrunk the bezel to just barely cover the home button but I've seen mockups that do that and it really makes the button look...
You're forgetting about the home button. Until the home button goes away the top and bottom bezels are always going to be as wide as necessary to accommodate it. And Apple will never go with asymmetrical bezels.
Hopefully they're as wrong this year as they were last year with the 5C.
Well I look at the HTC One and all the good reviews it's received. In many cases due to the fact it's aluminum and not plastic. So yeah I do think materials matter. Go look at the iPhone 5 intro and a large portion of the video was dedicated to how the phone was manufactured. Clearly it matters to Apple.
I'd be curious to know what Peter Misek thinks the "must have" thing will be that will justify the price increase. Is it materials like sapphire or liquid metal or some feature that no other phone has?
I'm no distorting anything, just going off what the rumor says IF Apple does release a 5.5" device we don't even know if they'll call it an iPhone. I certainly doubt they would consider it their flagship device. I guess the real question is why is Peter Misek releasing this? There's always a reason behind these investment guys and the notes they release. I doubt it's just "ooh I got some good gossip and I'm going to leak it".
Yeah that's my guess. Though I'm still not crazy about Apple going down the phablet route. Are there really that many people who want such a large device? For me it would be too large to be my main phone and too small to be my main tablet/computer.
I just saw a Verizon commercial on TV this weekend offering BYGO on the S5. That might be why reports are saying GS5 is outselling the GS4 did at launch.