or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

I never said Apple was leaking this story. In fact I said I don't think it is coming from them. But that doesn't mean Apple never leaks. I think it's completely naïve to assume they don't. The iMore show is on YouTube.
Apple created the premium segment in the phone space. The premium segment already exists in the automobile space.
They just talked about it today on the iMore podcast. Of course Apple leaks from time to time. All big companies do.
I fail to see how it's good hype. A lot of people think the idea of Apple building a car is ridiculous. And I wasn't aware that Wall Street was worried about Apple's pipeline at the moment so why leak now?
I'm saying Apple could easily put cold water on these rumors if they wanted to without it being an official comment. Ever heard of Jim Dalrymple's "nope"? We got one of those last year when rumors were flying around that Apple would be releasing a new TV in March.I have no idea where these car rumors are originating from. I'm very skeptical that Apple is the one leaking this stuff.
I never said Apple plants false rumors. I think any Apple blogger will tell you there are times when Apple leaks stuff to places like WSJ or Re/Code. If Apple PR wanted to they could call up their buddies at Re/Code, give them a story but say "you didn't hear it from us". It doesn't have to be a denial of the rumors (I do think Apple has a team working on something) but just something to put the breaks on what's spiraling out of control. I can guarantee you all CNBC will...
Apple could easily call up their buddies at Re/Code and have them run a story that was attributable to anonymous sources. Unless they figure it will peter out once MWC starts and the new Samsung Galaxy phone is announced.
And yet when the WSJ story broke, Marc Andressen re-tweeted it saying "yes please". For everyone that thinks this is ridiculous, someone else is saying if Tesla can do it so could Apple if it wants to.
Apple could easily plant a "sources familiar with the matter say..." It's not like Apple never plants stuff with the WSJ or Re/Code. This story is sucking all the oxygen now when the Watch shoiuld be front and center.
While I think these rumors are off the charts now, 9to5Mac's report on some of the people Apple has hired or poached from within to work on this project all point to hardware. The internal employees are Mac and iPhone mechanical engineers. Bryan Chaffin from the Mac Observer who was one of the first to push this rumor said the people Apple has been poaching from Tesla and elsewhere are people that would be involved in building s car. So assuming any of these rumors are...