or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

How do you know he/she was not hired because he/she was gay? Did the employer say sorry I'm not hiring you because of your sexual orientation? How would the employer even know what their sexual orientation was?
How do you determine that someone was discriminated against because of their sexual orientation? it's not like when you apply for a job you check a box saying you're gay. I don't know how anyone can prove they weren't hired for a job because they are gay.
Yes I do have a point and it's the same point John Gruber has: 16GB in this day and age is ridiculous. People's devices are filling up faster with apps, music, slow mo video etc. plus the OS install file keeps getting larger. A great user experience would be recognizing this and increasing storage, not making people spend time removing things from their device so they have just enough space to install the software updates.
Hmm...9to5Mac claims Apple admitted they did this but it was for security reasons.http://tinyurl.com/p852ulbThis quote was in the WSJ story;
The way Wall Street deals with Apple cracks me up. At one point on Monday the stock was down almost 6% because Pacific Crest downgraded the stock. Now today it was up over 1% (when most of its tech peers were down) becauas other firms raised their price targets. At what point does Wall Street heed Jim Cramer's advice to OWN the stock NOT trade it.
All I'm saying is I think Apple could easily make 32GB the base storage for their iOS devices. They had no problem making software free or spending a huge chunk of change giving iOS device owner a free U2 album. One of the reasons upgrades iOS 8 have been slow is because a lot of 16GB owners didn't have enough space on their files to install it. And since Apple offers OTA updates people shouldn't have to use iTunes to install software updates just because Apple is miserly...
I'm not. I'm criticizing them for not doing the same at the low end.
OK Jimmy since you're spouting your mouth off I assume we're going to see new or revamped music offerings from Apple next year?
So is this the data Andy Harsgrave (sp) at Pacific Crest used to make his downgrade of AAPL?
Whether you want to call it an evil plan or not clearly there's a reason Apple went from 16 > 32 to 16 > 64 instead of 32 > 64. If it has nothing to do with margins or raising ASPs then why not make 32GB base storage (except maybe in certain B2B cases where 16GB is sufficient). Apple can say you get 4x the storage for only $100 more when a lot of consumers would say how about double the storage for the same price? Or do the prices of memory never come down?