or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

he sure didn't help when it came to the justice department and e-books.
I'm just happy Bill Campbell is gone. Now replace Al Gore with Elon Musk and I'll be really happy.
Cook specifically called out M&A. Sue Wagner has experience with that, especially internationally. I have a feeling Apple may be going on a buying spree the next few years.
I'm kind of surprised Wall Street is cheering this on so much considering Microsoft was bloated before acquiring Nokia and most of the cuts are coming from that acquisition. They should be asking why Microsoft spent $7.2B on Nokia in the first place.
I think Microsoft should spin off its hardware businesses into a separate company. Trying to be horizontal and vertical at the same time makes no sense. And I think it's a worrying sign if the CEO needs 3,000 words to describe the company's mission.This is how Jony Ive described Apple's mission in a Businessweek interview last year:http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/155086-apples-jonathan-ive-and-craig-federighi-the-complete-interviewSimple two line statement...
removed
Is there anything MS could do that you wouldn't call rudderless?
Stock is way up pre-market. Stock very well might be up 7-8% this week and that's before earnings announcement on the 22nd.
OT: Microsoft just announced they're laying off 14% of their workforce which translates to ~18,000 employees. Wow! The rumors were saying only 5-6 thousand. Wall Street likes it though as the stock is way up pre-market.
I was listening to the Your Mac Life podcast with Shawn King (who also posts at the Loop) and what he heard from people directly involved in this partnership is IBM will be able to sell any Apple product, not just iPhones and iPads. So this deal could increase Mac penetration in the enterprise. Especially with the Continuity features announced at WWDC.