or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Android Wear got a big update today but I see they're still trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
I know Apple told the Verge a software update was coming (I think partially related to slow launch times for 3rd party apps). I wonder if the software on the watches shipped to consumers will be the same firmware as what was on the review units?
So I saw this on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/okassim/status/589772108361695233 Spotted at the Canton Fair, the Apple Watch’s Chinese Siblings are out early at $32 a pop. pic.twitter.com/1Gi4jfVsy9 7:46am - 19 Apr 15 Can Apple sue over this stuff? I know it's impossible to go after clones but in this case they appear to be using actual photographs of the Apple Watch trying to pass it off as their own product.
I find this kind of meaningless considering it appears to be a store unit running demo software. Who knows what the boot time will be for watches sold to consumers.
Btw, I think the rose gold with white sport band looks quite nice on Anna Wintour. Having her attend fashion shows wearing the Watch is marketing genius and cheap too. Let's not forget that Samsung spent billions of dollars on their Next Big Thing™ campaign and Microsoft has spent over $400M in partnership with the NFL to promote Surface. Having Anna Wintour rock a gold watch at a fashion show costs peanuts in comparison.
I have no time for the faux outrage. This 'news' article is primarily based off an Instagram post. There was no PR for Apple's appearance at Milan Design Week. OK, Wallpaper got a quote from Jony Ive but most people have probably never heard of Wallpaper and his quote wasn't widely publicized, certainly not by Apple. IMO the only reason this story even got traction is because MacRumors posted about it on their front page using the word "exclusive" in their title as...
Who at Apple makes this decision? Tim Cook? The gold watch with red band makes complete sense, and the red Sport band looks really nice too. It is odd that these wouldn't fall under (RED) as Apple has been a big supporter of that charity. I mean let's not forget Jony and Marc did a big Sotheby's auction for (RED) that ultimately raised $40+ for the charity.
Do we know that people at this event are part of the "fashion elite"? As I pointed out in another post the Salone Del Mobile is a trade show mostly focused on furniture design and Milan Design Week is geared towards product design, not fashion. Milan Fashion Week, where you'd see people like Anna Wintour, took place at the end of February.
And an event that Apple did not publicize in any way. The only reason we're talking about it is because of photos that showed up on Instagram.
No way all of those are edition bsnds. One of the bands is orange another is yellow. Apple is not going to sell a gold watch with bright yellow and orange bands.