or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Tim Cook was asked and said Apple has no relationship with Tesla. Apple is a company that likes to do things on its own and control the whole widget. They're not a piece of technology in someone else's product. And they don't typically acquire completel products (at least not on the hardware side). Beats is an exception but we know Apple didn't buy Beats for the headphones. I can see Apple poaching heavily from the auto industry and doing their own thing, A number of Apple...
Growth? At some point there will be fewer people who want an iPhone that don't already have one. Last year Tim Cook did an interview with WSJD and said iPhone would be Apple's main revenue driver for the next 5 years. What comes after that? Surely Apple executives have to be thinking about that. And what other areas can Apple disrupt that would provide significant revenue/earnings growth?
And they're required to name the customer and that customers product? Somehow I doubt that. i would imagine Apple has some strict confidentiality agreements with all their suppliers and that would include what they can disclose in financial filings or on earnings calls.
Cooking the books? Can you show me the law or regulation that requires Cook break out Watch sales? Also you do know the term "cooking the books" implies fraudulent activity? Are you suggesting Tim Cook is committing fraud and knowingly misstating Apple's financials?
Ah the same WSJ that said on January 13, 2013 Apple reduced iPhone 5 orders by half due to weak demand. The same WSJ that reported Watch would contain over 10 sensors and then when they were proven wrong claimed that Apple scrapped the health and fitness stuff and then scrambled to find a purpose for the device. Mind you they first reported on the 10 sensors in June 2014. So if their later report is to be believed then within the span of 3 months Apple completely scrapped...
It's totally impressive as is Apple getting IBM to purchase hundreds of thousands of Macs.
Someone should send this to the WSJ who's spreading FUD about Apple again. The same clowns that claimed Apple cut iPhone 5 orders in half. http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/07/31/glimmers-emerge-on-apple-watch-sales-and-theyre-not-pretty/
I don't ever see them ceding control. CarPlay as it stands is ok but I can't imagine it's making Apple much money. I have to believe Apple's ambitions go way beyond CarPlay.
I'm still skeptical that existing carmakers will let Apple take over their dashboard. There was another story recently that automakers are very reluctant to give Apple and Google the data they're interested in. Projecting UI through CarPlay or Android Auto is about as far as Apple of Google will get.
So apples destiny is forever spitting out iPhones and Macs?