or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Glad to hear $149. I hope that turns out to be true. I think Apple will get a lot more people to upgrade and a lot more first time buyers at $149. The only thing I'm still a little skeptical on is the major Siri integration. One, if Siri plays a major role I hope Apple has nailed the integration. It better be super fast and accurate. Two, I'm still a bit skeptical people want to control their TV primarily by voice control. So I hope there are other ways to search besides...
And Huawei just announced a new phone with...wait for it..."force touch". Can accompany get any more pathetic ripping off another company's marketing term? Force touch is not an industry-standard term it's a marketing term from Apple. The fact that Huawei would rip off that name is absolutely pathetic. http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/2/9244015/huawei-mate-s-force-touch-availability-price
This has nothing to do with imagination, it's common sense. There's a reason TVs, smartphones and computers aren't round. There's a reason books and magazines aren't round. If all I'm using my watch for is to tell the time then I'll just get a analog watch with a battery that last years.
For me utility is most important. I find it interesting that we keep hearing that smartwatches are a non starter because nobody wears watches anymore. Well if that's the case then the watch as a fashion statement obviously isn't a big deal to many people because if it was they'd be wearing a watch. So the idea that a smart watch has to be round in order for someone to wear it or find it fashionable makes no sense to me. Also I think people that do wear watches purely for...
I'm curious who thinks reading curved text or text at an angle is a good idea. To me it see,s like a pain in the ass that would give me a headache. Right now on my Watch modular watch face I have 5 complications. That's because with a rounded rec display the corners are useable. With round there is less usable space. Where would I fit 5 complications on the display above? I guess they'd all have to curve around the screen? Not sure how that would work with icons though...
How many people does Tesla employee? And if Apple is developing a modular electric system what car is it going go in? We've seen zero evidence that established auto makers are ready to give up their dashboard or other electronics to Apple or Google. When has Apple ever been successful being a piece of technology in someone else's product? That's the biggest reason I think Apple is doing their own vehicle (though I think they will contract out actual manufacturing just...
What presentation was that? No Apple engineer is going to mention future unannounced products at a WWDC session.
What is Android Wristwatch OS and how is that different than Android Wear?I was referring to the current crop of smartwatches running Android Wear. I see no compelling reason for an iPhone user to want one other than they just have to have a round display and don't care if functionality is limited or the UI is following Google'a design guidelines not Apple's.
How do they get through in an unofficial way? I thought iOS devices were secure?