or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Hopefully this is actually a good book. Isaacson's book was quite disappointing. No wonder Jony Ive said of it: "my regard couldn't be any lower".
Really? Ok he might not be the best speaker but I didn't think it was that bad. Honestly I thought Eddy Cue's iWork demo at the 2013 iPad event was worse.
How do we know Kevin Lynch is a mistake? Are people just assuming that because his name is associated with Flash?
Gruber was just as dismissive. I guess according to him and others this guy should be banished in hell forever for once supporting Flash. Still not sure what that has to do with Watch. He wasn't hired to add Flash to the watch.
I'm confused...I thought everyone wanted to burn Jony Ive at the stake for making Apple's software "flat". Now they're upset because certain parts of Watch are more 3D/alive? A couple weeks ago Woz made some positive comments about Watch calling it a little piece of art on your wrist. My guess is the things some people hate (like digital touch) will become quite popular. Watch certainly isn't as sterile as Android Wear, which I consider a good thing.
Lynch demoed the software back in September. I think it's pretty clear he's overseeing software for the device.
Since Kevin Lynch demoed the software on stage last year I don't think it's any surprise that he's running software for the device. In fact I think it was rumored before the September event. I think it's really petty for people to knock Kevin Lynch because he worked for Adobe and once supported flash. From what Rene Ritche of iMore has said Lynch is well liked inside Apple and people are really impressed with him.
So do they have examples of people that were actually targeted? One would assume if this was the case we would be hearing a lot more about it? Local news would be all over a story like this.
All of these apps so far look really nice. If Apple is involved in the design can they bring some of that to iOS, especially first party apps?
I still think there's too much smoke around this car stuff. And those suggesting otherwise are doing so because they think it's silly for Apple to be entertaining the idea of building a car so therefore it can't possibly be true. So it has to be the more reasonable idea of Apple working on software for other car companies dashboards. Except that Apple is not known for being a piece of technology in someone else's product. And there are no indications that car companies are...