or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Control center has a tweaked design. Gone are the dark line separators and borders around icons are replaced by shading. EDIT: also there is a setting now to turn off recents/favorites from showing up in the app switcher view. I know a lot of people were wanting that for privacy more than anything else.
Jay Yarrow at Business Insider claims today that he spoke to one of Carney's friends and they say Carney wouldn't take this job because he doesn't want to leave Washington DC.
Last year Mary Jo Foley reported that Microsoft had 16 business units/products that generate at least $1B in annual sales. As long as the enterprise is wedded to Windows, Office, Exchange, SQL Sever, Visual Studio, etc. I don't see Microsoft going away any time soon. Who has a competitive offering to replace Office in the enterprise? Maybe Google Docs for small businesses but large corporations aren't giving up Office any time soon.
Microsoft needs to figure out if it wants to be horizontal or vertical. Pretty difficult to be both. I think the only reason they bought Nokia was to try and save Windows Phone platform. My guess is within the next 5 years their hardware stuff will be spun off into a new company and they'll be completely focused on cloud, software and services. I also think Nadella is going to advertise the stuff in their R&D labs more to compete with Google. So I think you'll have Google...
Jim gave much more than a "yep" for Aperture. Apple actually provided a statement to him. Do you consider Apple providing a statement on no future development of Aperture to be not important information? I seem to remember a lot or people upset about it.http://www.loopinsight.com/2014/06/27/apple-stops-development-of-aperture/Also, earlier this year he gave a "nope" to the rumors of an Apple TV event in the spring (a rumor that I believe came from Bloomberg). Is that also...
A chick with 'tude.
I'm sure Tim Cook will say he was the best choice by far.
Well Tim Cook did hire John Browett and when someone emailed him about it he said Browett was "the best by far". Thankfully he corrected that mistake.
Just an FYI - I'm female.
Stretching the truth? Hardly. I don't shop on Amazon and I don't use any of their services.