or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

I never said I believed it only that they all agreed Apple was doing it. And I agree with you 100% on the Watch. The WSJ reported in June of last year that the watch would have 10 sensors. Then this February they report that most of the sensors were scrapped due to being unreliable and Apple was scrambling to find a use case for the watch to exist. If we are to believe that we have to believe that as of June 2014 Apple was planning to ship a watch in 2014 with 10 health...
And Samsung is acquiring the battery division from Magna Styer. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150223005533/en/Samsung-SDI-Acquire-Magna-International’s-Battery-Pack#.VOtmZ4ZOKrW Interesting considering it was rumored that the lead Apple employee on the car project has been meeting with Magna Styer.
Hmm..and rumors are Apple is hiring Samsung employees with experience in battery tech? http://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/23/apple-hiring-samsung-employees-battery-experts/
Why? Apple has customers all over the world and more of their sales are coming from outside the US it only makes sense to build more data centers outside the US.
Hmm...interesting thought. MG Siegler wrote a post about how he thought it would be strange if Apple wasn't working on a car. He was looking at it from a revenue perspective saying there are very few industries generating the revenues Apple does and of the ones that do, automotive and perhaps banking would be the two sectors Apple would be most likely to enter. And then pointed out that Apple's $182B in revenues is right in line with the revenues of GM, Ford, Toyota and...
So this New York Times story was pulled together after the New Yorker piece went public and Toyota suddenly decided not to support CarPlay because Jony Ive criticized the design of a car Toyota no longer makes? Seems unlikely. Also doesn't explain why they're not supporting Android Auto either.
And this is why I beleive the car project at Apple is real. On the last Verge podcast they mentioned asking auto execs at CES if they would be partnering with tech companies like Apple and Google for the dash and they flat out said no way, not happening. And think about it: Apple's goal would be a consistent user experience no matter what you're driving (something that doesn't exist now with CarPlay). But what auto company is going to want their dash looking just like...
I have so many issues with copy/paste especially text selection which is incredibly wonky. And if I try and paste something when composing a message on this site I often times have to long press 5 or 6 times to get the menu to pop up and stay up to where I can tap on 'paste'. Also prior to IOS 8 you used to be able to long press on an image and copy the image URL. Now most sites, outside of maybe Twitter, when you long press on an image the only thing you can do is save it...
Makes one wonder what the hell happened. Many of the bugs I encounter seemingly have nothing to do with the new features added in IOS 8. Like copy/paste in Safari.
In FY2014 Apple's net sales were $182B. As someone on MacRumors pointed out, if you look at the top 500 companies in the world the top revenue generators come from basically 4 sectors: energy, financials/insurance, automotive and telecom. Look at the Forbes 2000 list and the top companies by revenue (excluding Apple) are Walmart, Warren Buffets Berkshire Hathaway, oil companies and automotive. What sustains or grows Apple's huge revenue base after iPhone? Does Apple want...