or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

What specific technology did Apple mention at the September event as the reason bigger screened phones didn't come before this year? Are other companies using inferior display technology? If they are I'm surprised reviews haven't called them out for having inferior screens compared to iPhone. Or is it that Apple couldn't get enough of what they needed until now?
Keep it simple stupid. Apple doesn't need to sell a 5c, 5s 6, 6 Plus and whatever new phone they announce next year. Make a bigger version of the 5c with 5s internals and keep around the 4.7" 6 as the mid-tier product.Or If Cook really believes Apple needs to make a bigger push in emerging markets be creative and come up with something new rather than just taking a 2 or 3 year old phone and reselling it at a discounted price. Look what they did with iPod with the shuffle...
My iPhone 6 arrives on Wedesday. I use my 5s one handed A LOT so I hope reachability will provide that same experience. As long as Apple's solution is the current home button/touch ID implementation then the bezels can't get any smaller. It will be sweet when they do. And Apple will do it right. None of this asymmetrical crap we see from others.
I hope Apple engineers and designers are trying to find a way to reduce the overall footprint of iPhone. I'd love an iPhone the size of a Moto X. I'm not sure what they can do with home button and Touch ID as that's what's keeping the phone from being as small as some competitior phones.EDIT: And with these bigger iPhones I'm surprised Apple didn't play up the Watch convenience more. I don't think it's a coincidence we'e getting Watch soon after these larger phones were...
Give them a break from what? I'm glad Apple gives to charity. All I said is it would be nice for them to spread it around a bit.
Watch may be grouped into 3 collections but at the end of the day you pick a size, color/material and band. So while there will be a lot of SKUs I don't think it will be confusing for consumers. Plus I'm guessing the Editon version will be out of most people's price range so they won't even have to think about it.
No the Apple watch isn't going to flummox me because it's one watch in 2 sizes. I pick a size, color and band. Boom done. I said Apple should have 3 phones - low, mid and high. Low would be for the non-premium markets; mid & high would be for everywhere else. If it's really important for Apple to get into places like India perhaps they need to think about completely redesigning the low end phone with a stripped down OS for those markets. A 3 year old phone running the...
Sometimes it's hard to know what Apple is doing these days. Their iOS product lines are getting too complicated IMO. Many people scratched their head over the iPad mini 3 when all it added was Touch ID. And why is Apple still selling a non-retina iPad with A5 chip? iOS 8 doesn't exactly run that great on A5 devices. To me that's not about the best experience but hitting a certain price point while keeping margins high. I would love to see simplicity back into Apple's iOS...
Apple needs to make their product lines less complicated not more. Selling five different versions of the iPhone is crazy. I don't want Apple turning into Samsung. Personally I don't think premium should be defined by screen size but obviously Phil Schiller does. So have an entry-level phone, mid tier phone and high-end phone. Keep the entry-level phone plastic and the other two tiers metal. What I think Apple should do in 2015 is have a low end version which is 4.7" and...
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see it as playful banter, I see it as subtle digs.