or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Good I'm glad he is happy and doing something he enjoys. I still think Scott being 'fired' was more to do with Tim Cook wanting a really collaborative and integrated executive team than anything else. Scott was the odd man out personality wise and the current executive team members get along with each other and work well together.
It is a Fiat Jolly.
And which manufacturers are going to sign up for this? Has any auto manufacturer indicated they want Apple to control this in their vehicles? Only in fantasyland will automobile companies give up this control to Apple (or Google).More likely I could see Apple partnering with Magna Steyr to build a car. The rumors did say the guy leading Apple's car project has met with Magna Steyr.
You think CarPlay is a good experience right now? Implementation is all over the board. Some OK and some not so great. I was just with someone who bought a new 2015 Honda. Doesn't support CarPlay and if any of their vehicles do it's certainly not something they're advertising at the dealerships. I am not convinced at all that Apple can successfully just be a piece of technology in someone else's product. If you look at HealthKit, HomeKit and ResearchKit they're really all...
One, I don't think you need a team of 1,000 people to do this. Second, if you look at resume of some of the people rumored to be working on this project it sure seems like it is about more than CarPlay. Third, I have yet to see any evidence that existing manufacturers are looking to Apple to provide them technolog to adopt. Recently one executive from Ford said they would offer CarPlay and Android Auto but they're really push their own Sync platform and claim it's a...
Sure because we see all this evidence that the auto industry is rushing to partner with Apple on car technologies. That's why every car on the market is implementing and touting CarPlay as a feature. /sI see little evidence that the auto industry really wants to partner with Silicon Valley. They want to do their own thing. They don't want to be like computer hardware OEMs that find it hard to differentiate because they're all shipping the same software. Apple is all about...
and if Apple didn't have yearly updates people would complain that Apple was boring, no longer innovating etc. When the iPhone 5 came out all we got was "it's just a stretched iPhone 4" and "what the hell has Jony Ive been doing for the past year?" comments. iOS 9 is supposed to be a 'snow leopard' type release but if all we get is bug fixes and stability I have no doubt there will be tons of complaints saying "that's it?!?", wondering where the new features are and...
But does his role at Apple involve user interface design? I'm guessing not, unless the iTunes team has their own set of UI designers. Even if they do the music and iTunes apps look just like the rest of iOS 8 so I'm not expecting this new app to have a completely different look.
I don't know exactly how things work inside Apple but the Human Interface team, which I believe is responsible for UI design, actually report into Jony Ive. A guy by the name of Alan Dye oversees that team. He was featured in that Wired story on the Watch. Another reason I don't expect much Beats UI flair is the music app in 8.4 pretty much follows the UI of iOS 8. Of course they could be holding back a new design for this streaming music launch but I won't be surprised if...
Hmm...somehow I doubt Trent Reznor will be overseeing user interface design. That's not his responsibility.