or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

But Phil Schiller isn't on stage talking to an audience full of rich people (outside of the front row full of Apple execs).
Makes me wonder too. I have a hard time believing one person (other than Tim Cook) could make a decision like this.
In my opinion Apple has to address the obsolescence question with this product. I don't doubt the quality of this watch for one second. I'm sure it is second to none. I remember after the event some hands on reviews raving about the quality of the watch bands. That's all great but unless there is some sort of upgrade path who's going to want to shell out thousands of dollars when in 2 years snother one comes out with more sensors, maybe GPS, etc. Are gen 1 owners out of...
One thing I am curious about: in his latest podcast John Gruber says from third and fourth hand sources he's heard that Jony was the one pushing for the gold watch basically saying "trust me on this one" but meeting a lot of resistance inside the company. IF this is true, I'd love to know how he ultimately won the argument. I'm a little surprised Tim wouldn't have stepped in and made the final call for NO gold watch. I fear if Apple announces watches that are thousands of...
Says who? Do traditional watches get thinner over time? A lot of the really expensive ones seem quite chunky to me.
 There has to be something to justify these prices.
 At the event last year a watch blogger was really praising the bands, especially the link bracelet and milanese loop saying they were as nice as higher end Swiss watches. I'm sure those bands are driving up the price. Considering how much effort Apple put into these bands I struggle to see how they could design Watch to be obsolete in a year or two. There has to be some sort of upgrade path or trade in ability. If not, if Apple is expecting people to fork over another...
I wonder what will happen to the stock when Watch is announced. Gruber is doubling down on his pricing estimates saying he's hearing $10K+ for the Edition and $1000+ for the stainless steel with metal band. I'm still trying to picture in my mind how Phil Schiller gets up on stage and announces a $10K watch. Unless there's another piece of the puzzle, another shoe to drop around upgradeability/financing/trade-in/something. But now I'm more convinced than ever Apple will...
I never said I believed it only that they all agreed Apple was doing it. And I agree with you 100% on the Watch. The WSJ reported in June of last year that the watch would have 10 sensors. Then this February they report that most of the sensors were scrapped due to being unreliable and Apple was scrambling to find a use case for the watch to exist. If we are to believe that we have to believe that as of June 2014 Apple was planning to ship a watch in 2014 with 10 health...
And Samsung is acquiring the battery division from Magna Styer. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150223005533/en/Samsung-SDI-Acquire-Magna-International’s-Battery-Pack#.VOtmZ4ZOKrW Interesting considering it was rumored that the lead Apple employee on the car project has been meeting with Magna Styer.