or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Why just gays and women? And who, exactly is not being hired because they're gay? How in the world would you prove it?
How would one know if they were denied a position based on sexual orientation? Should we also ban companies for discriminating based on hair color, tattoos, facial piercings, looks etc.
Obviously their desperation didn't work.
Ah, so Apple doesn't really believe they're owed billions due to lost sales but they have to argue it that way because that's how patent trials work?
They should. And don't use the lame argument that no one else "breaks" Apple news. If what you're breaking isn't accurate then what good is it? But maybe now he'll think twice about posting some of the stuff that gets leaked to him.
Well on his Twitter feed he's certainly being defensive about his story. And is claiming anything contrary to what he reported are plants coming from Apple PR. So basically he's saying either John Gruber got played by Apple or is knowingly lying on their behalf. I can understand why he'd defend what he wrote, but he shouldn't be surprised if some are questioning it. No on is questioning the what, but the why.
Btw, Bob Borchers, who used to work at Apple and was part of the original iPhone team, called Gurman's report "total BS". Seems to me Gurman got the what right, but not the why.
OK so we have this survey, the big dump from Kuo, Deutsche Bank initiating coverage on AAPL today with a buy rating and the stock is down this morning. Can someone explain that?
Could be. Obviously whoever leaked to him wanted the story to be friction forced Christie out. And since Gurman's story came out first, that's what most tech sites reported. It didn't take long for Apple to jump on it, and Gruber tweeted that in his experience, current and former Apple employees who are usually tight-lipped will speak out when they think something is BS. So that along with the fact that Christie hasn't left and might be at Apple until the end of the year,...
Screen size should not determine whether something is "premium" or not. That's why I was glad to see the Air and retina mini were basically the same (and hopefully this year they'll both have the same color gamut too). That's what they need to do with the iPhone. I wish they'd do 4" and 4.7" and forget about the silly phablet (or make that one the new iPod touch).