or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

So now that Munster's TV never came to fruition he's moved on to pimping augmented reality.
Yeah I'll be interested to see where Apple takes Watch. It seems clear to me though they're not trying to court the luxury watch wearing crowd. In fact Jony Ive even said at that Condé Nast conference that he didn't think Watch was in competition with luxury watches. This is probably why we haven't seen Watch sold at traditional jewelry stores and I honestly would be surprised if we ever do.
LG announced a 23-karat gold plated Urbane for $1200. I am slightly amused that Apple Watch has been knocked for being too expensive (and I'm not even talking about the Edition), yet now we have several Android Wear watches that will be as expensive if not more expensive than Apple Watch. But here's something I'm still trying to understand. More and more people wear nothing on their wrist. Clearly then they're not really attracted to traditional watches from a fashion...
Ha ha I still think those look ugly and nothing like the promotional shots.
I wonder if Tim Cook knows The Weeknd's "I can't feel my face" is about cocaine use? I'm assuming not since he felt it was appropriate for WWDC. These ads were so not Apple like. It really makes me miss the awesome iTunes silhouette ads. What a great ad campaign. The opposite of Apple Music ads (so far). Has there ever been an Apple ad that showed a price at the very end of it?
Well I think that, because they are. Their square watches were crap and ugly so they wen to plan B, aping the look of traditional watches. And why all the PR shots with the perfect render and a skeuomorphic watch face that looks just like a traditional watch face make the watches look great but then you see them in real life and they don't.Here's the press shot of the Huawei (notice the press shots always feature a skeuomorphic analog watch face)And the watch in real...
My argument is about cost not about usefulness of size. If Apple can sell 64GB for the price of 32GB then they should be able to sell 32GB for the price of 16GB. Of course we all know why they don't; because 32GB would be the sweet spot and Apple wants people spending $100 more. It's probably why they don't offer the silver Sport watch with black band, because Schiller would rather you spend the extra $200 and get the SS watch. And even if you don't do that you're still...
I know this argument has been had before and people don't always agree but I think a round smart watch is 100% about aesthetics. Looking at that new Samsung Watch UI you have to adjust your wrist in uncomfortable positions in order to easily read the text. If I'm looking to see the weather forecast or when my next meeting is I don't want the text curving in the shape of a circle.The way I see it is the first batch Android Wear watches didn't take off and the OEMs (wrongly...
I'm kind of surprised that so many people are surprised Apple didn't go the traditional route. Honestly I think what Apple has done is much braver. Huawei and others are basically saying no one will wear a smart watch if it doesn't mimic a traditional watch. Apple is proving that theory wrong. But I don't think Apple was ever really trying to nab those who wear expensive mechanical watches. Heck Jony Ive even said at that Condé Nast luxury summit that Watch is not...
Hmm...I'm sure some people would be shocked they were put in the criticize category. So either your suggesting everyone here wants at least a 64GB phone or they wouldn't take a 32GB phone instead of 16GB if Apple offered it. Somehow I don't think either of those are true. Btw in 2006 Apple's profit as a percentage of premium was 10.2%. In 2005 it was 9.5%. In 2014 it was 21.6%. Somehow Apple was able to bring the iPhone, iPad, unibody Macs etc. to life on profit margins...