or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

So Apple is live blogging their own event. When you go to apple.com you get redirected to http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/
Hi Tim. Good luck today.
This isn't an Apple TV event today. Maybe next month.
I saw in my Twitter feed that someone is going to be live blogging the event using the Yo app.
You'd think there would be a better way to get developers to write efficient apps.
Hmm...then Apple needs to scold the developers of Safari. I am curious how less RAM makes for a better experience on older devices. Care to enlighten me?
I don't do a lot heavy gaming on my iPad so can't speak to that. I don't have many issues outside of Safari and constant refreshes when switching between apps. When I go into diagnostics I see a lot of low memory reports. I'm not sure how anyone could say with a straight face that 1GB RAM is sufficient on iPad. If it is then they have some crappy software engineers working on Safari because it's not optimized for 1GB at all.
I can only go off my experience (and the experience I read about from others). Safari on the iPad is not a great experience. Tab refreshes are bad enough (they existed on iOS 6 too) but I still encounter random crashes too. If Apple can find a way to make Safari better on the iPad with only 1GB RAM that's fantastic, but I have my doubts.
And tech sites like the Verge will fan the flames because page views trump everything these days.
Apple is stingy with RAM in their mobile devices for whatever reason. I just hope the new iPad gets 2GB otherwise I keep my iPad Air for one more year.