or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

Ok I don't typically respond to your over the top posts (talk about sensationalist!) but Don Melton actually worked at Apple. He was a director, responsible for Safari. He reported to Scott Forstall and many a time was in meetings with Steve Jobs. To call what he said "sensationalist drivel" is ridiculous IMO. These are real issues people are having, not niche edge cases. And a lot of this is just the basics that Apple should have extensively tested prior to launching...
Oh and for anyone slagging off Jim Dalrymple...he posted that he just got back from Apple HQ where he met with Apple to discuss his issues. Clearly his post got people's attention in Cupertino. And he got most of his 'lost' music back. The bad thing for Apple is he still doesn't sound very happy and doesn't say he's planning to stick with Apple Music. If Apple is aware of these issues and is working on fixing them some communication would be nice. Eddy Cue could easily put...
I believe that was WWDC 2011 when iCloud was announced.
Doesn't this report say Apple was/is interested in the carbon fiber body tech?
Eddy Cue needs to take accountability for it. What would go a long way? A tweet to Jim Dalrymple from Eddy saying Apple hears him and is working on fixing these problems.
That's really nice when users get blamed for Apple's ineptitude. This isn't beta software. The fact that Apple is offering a free 3 month trial doesn't excuse them from buggy software. Yeah Jim should have had a backup but no where in the signup process does remind people to make sure their library is backed up. Sure you can say everyone should know that and shouldn't need to be reminded. But you can also say that If Apple is going to release a non-beta service it should...
Wow so not interested in this then. Doesn't sound the least bit objective.
Yep. What's sad is it seems that things people are praising Apple music for are those things that are not unique to that service. Rene Ritchie loves that he cab listen to whatever he wants on demand. Um, hello, that's not unique to Apple Music. I've been doing that on Spotify for over a year.
I don't know if Eddy Cue personally follows his Twitter account but I've tweeted him links to these podcasts. He needs to hear this stuff. I'm sure Dalrymple's post created ripples inside Apple HQ. Especially considering last month Phil Schiller tweeted Jim's positive review of Apple Watch saying "Jim Rocks!"
Haha, I sent a tweet to Rene Ritchie a week or two ago saying ellipses are the new hamburgers and he just said that same thing on this podcast (which Serenity Caldwell and Don Melton agreed with). Which is so interesting because Mike Stern, who is a UX evangelist at Apple, spoke out against the hamburger during a WWDC session last year. He likened it to a drawer that gets filled with junk. That's what I think about the ellipses in Apple Music. Obviously Stern has nothing...