or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

I find it amusing how those who seem not to be fans of this product are the ones most concerned about how Apple is positioning it in the marketplace. Initially it was too exclusive and they thought it laughable Apple was selling it in higher end boutiques and advertising in Vogue. Now apparently it's laughable that it's no longer "exclusive" and is being sold at Target. Because apparently it makes no sense to sell what's currently an iPhone accessory in stores that sell...
Watch Hermés isn't being sold at Target or Best Buy. For all we know Watch at Target will be aluminum and stainless steel with cheaper bands only. Note that pretty much all the new bands announced last month were different colored sport bands.
Since when was the aluminum or stainless steel watch luxury? Since Apple already sells products at Target it makes sense to sell the Watch there too. Though I will be interested to see how it's displayed. How is Best Buy displaying the Watch? Using the same table as in Apple stores?
Ok I had an appointment this morning at 8:15. Notification Center told me to make my appointment I would need to leave my house by 7:55, but when I mapped the route in the Maps app it told me total travel time would be 25 minutes (which is correct). Wtf is up with Notification Center?
What about Amazon?
Since Apple is leasing this building how much say do they have on the design? With all the real estate they're gobbling up clearly they have some big projects going on. MG Siegler says the Apple car project is the worst kept secret in Silicon Valley and Apple has more people working on it than almost every startup located in the Valley.
What's the difference between an iOS app and TV "channel"? Amazon has apps on iOS. Are the terms different for TV? I think what Amazon did is silly but I also don't agree with Apple getting a 30% cut of reoccurring subscriptions. If I sign up for Netflix why should Apple get 30% of that subscription on an ongoing basis? Apple isn't hosting or streaming the content. Perhaps in the case of subscription services Apple should allow different payment options in-app. Let...
Apple isn't a general purpose retailer. Their stores are in service of selling their own products. They could choose to not sell any 3rd party accessories if they wanted to.
Apparently it doesn't get cheaper for Apple or they choose not to pass the savings on to consumers?
Close to 70% of Apple's revenue comes from iPhone. Wall Street is convinced iPhone growth has stalled or will stall (because the premium smartphone market is saturated, growth in China is slowing, iPhone will be disrupted by cheaper options, etc. take your pick). I don't know what Apple can do about that. Even when they sell a record number of phones it doesn't matter as the sentiment is always bad news is coming (esentially the exact opposite of Amazon). Maybe once we get...