or Connect

Posts by Rogifan

I don't normally agree with Forbes contributors but this article is a good one.http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidshaywitz/2015/02/18/apples-restraint-a-welcome-response-to-digital-health-hype/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
Here's the thing: Apple never publicly said, or even hinted that there would be all these advanced sensors in this Watch. All we have are a few rumors that Apple was working on stuff. Last year on Charlie Rose's show Tim Cook said the Watch would start with the heart. He was very explicit as far as what it woud START with. And if you look on the back of the Watch, that's a pretty elaborate set of sensors compared to the competition. That, along with all the hires we know...
According to his LinkedIn profile it seems like he was involved in more than just software.https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=14611913&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=8xLi&locale=en_US&trk=tyah&trkInfo=idx%3A1-1-1%2CtarId%3A1424263172597%2Ctas%3AJohann+Jungwirth&_mSplash=1President & CEOMercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. / A Daimler CompanyMarch 2009 – September 2014 (5 years 7 months)HQ in Sunnyvale, CA, with offices in 7 other locations in the...
OK Apple, now hire Rene Ritchie and put him on the Watch team.
Let's see how the concern trolls in the media spin this as impending doom for Apple. The media concern trolls are out in full force. Two years ago the media was all concerned about lack of innovation at Apple. Some even wondering out loud if Tim Cook needed to be replaced, others spreading rumors that the board was pushing him to innovate faster. Now the trolls are all concerned that Apple is losing its way because *gasp* it's looking into the automobile space, and will be...
Yeah I read that but I took it as a reference to the gold version not the entire project. Are we really supposed to believe that Tim Cook is some puppet doing whatever Jony Ive says? And when he says he uses Watch every day and can't live without it its all a bunch of BS, all stuff he's forced to say even though deep down he doesn't believe it? Sorry not buying it.Go back and watch the September keynote after Tim announced the Watch. He had a huge smile on his face and...
Who was against the idea of the watch? Do you have a source/quote? And according to Rene Ritchie Kevin Lynch is very well liked at Apple and supposedly doing a great jobs. Are we supposed to forever banish him in hell because he once supported Flash at Adobe? Good grief.
They were talking about this on CNBC this morning with their Autos expert confirming that his sources say Apple is doing something in the automotive field. His thinking was Apple developing the software for existing vehicles. I could maybe see that happening if they partnered with Tesla. But what other auto manufacturer is going to give Apple complete control over their dashboard? And unless Apple has complete control we just have another CarPlay bandaid solution. I'm very...
What's interesting is Apple's current design studio is 3,000 sq ft. When it moves to the new campus the studio will be 30,000 sq ft. Plus there will be a 600,000 R&D facility not connected to the main building. It will be interesting to find out what that is for. We may never know.
Jony Ive said this was the most difficult project he's ever worked on at Apple so this news isn't surprising. 9to5Mac decided to go with this clickbait headline: WSJ: Apple struggled to find purpose for Apple Watch after many planned health features were cut Of course the WSJ story does not say that. What I find so amusing with the responses to this story is when the device was announced I don't remember many, if any, wondering where all these sensors were. Sure there...