or Connect

Posts by hobBIT

Thanks for the tip.However, can you tell me where these settings are?I can see per app settings whether the app is running its contents updates in the background, but that is not what I mean.I mean not updating the app itself via auto-update.
Why can one not exclude certain apps from the Auto-Update process? I have a few apps I do not want to upgrade (for various reasons, typically known bugs I want to sit out or sometimes features have been dropped). Due to those few apps, the whole otherwise useful Auto-Update falls apart and I cannot use it at all. Wouldn't it be nice if one could exclude certain apps from the Auto-Update? Am I the only one who finds this useful?
I wonder about their actual sales with the new model. This sudden discount suggests thiey are not so great. It makes sense for some people I am sure, but it is really not interesting for people who skipped versions before. And that whole concept of having to continue to pay in order to be able to access my content in future I really don't like. Stop paying and Photoshop stops working within a month and you can no longer use any of your files... What an utter nonsense...
To give you a concrete example:Autodesk Maya Certified Apple laptopshttp://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=system&product_group=19&release=2013&os=134217728&manuf=7&opt=1No 13" listed there...A 13" MacBook Pro's CPU is well suited to run the Autodesk Maya 3D app.But the lack of a GPU completely disqualifies it. IvyBridge will likely not change this.Or in other words:Maya might work just fine on you 13" MacBook Pro. But if...
My guess is that he wanted to remove the difference between live and recorded content. It is just content. Don't just think of pausing live TV or auto-recording favourite shows. Think more along the lines of anything that has aired becomes immediately available on iTunes. Including all news and talkshow programmes. You just no longer need to care about live or not live content. Apple would probably stream it to the user. If you pay, you get it without ads. But the...
Sorry for the bad impression.Though even if you had neen reading AI for years, you have to see that your circumstances (perhaps unluckily) are more in line with typical troll behavior: having registered in Sptember 2012 with 3 posts so far...
Nice trolling Mr/Mrs "I have 2 posts so far"...No, the redesign is an utter desaster.If many people who visited AI for years, each many times a day, are leaving - then this is a failure.I hope AI management has the balls to admit it and scrap the new design, going back to the drawing board.If they own up to it and act fast, like this week, they still have a chance to get people back.Time will tell, as always.Good luck AI, you'll need it.And thanks for all the fish! ...
That is fine.  Of course everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. I don't think the new look is bad in general.  Yet I do think that it is a rather terrible choice for a news site.  It misses the point completely.  News should be the main content.  And as has been demonstrated by RonJanson and others, the actual ratio between news and 'fluff' has been tipped way too far towards the 'fluff' side.  To the point that this is no longer a news site IMHO but rather a...
  Amen to that.     Really seems that this 'Gesamtbild' company has no clue how to design client specific web-sites. All they did was take an off-the(ir)-shelf average-joe web design and applied it to AI.  Probably charging a lot for it too. No one ever spent an iota of time considering what made the old AI design great, or what made people come back several times a day for more news. None of that thinking ever happened, none of it was ever considered during this...
You are basically saying - you like it because it looks totally different on your screen because you use ad blockers... Which basically also admits that without ad blockers it is a horrible new design...   And how do I use ad blockers in Safari on an iPad? Not much help there is it...  So I am stuck with the ugly design on any mobile Apple device.  Or am I?