or Connect

Posts by aamsel

These are probably hack, hack questions (no insult intended): 1. What happens if you install more ram than Apple "supports?" 2. Is it equally easy to install a solid state drive yourself? This all started when I looked at Newegg to guage the offest in cost if installing a RAM upgrade (from 4Gb to 8Gb) myself rather than ordering through the Apple Store - I was also investigating if I could swap the drive with my own solid state (bc it seems strangely expensive too) ...
Mr. Me, You are right! It was my imagination. MBk Pros generally into. in April, October, February, or June ... And NEVER in Aug/Sep never Nov/Dec argh, always painful every time I enter a buying cycle... probably why I repress the memory... Thanks for the warm welcome me to Apple Insider. (As far as Apple... my relationship started with a second hand Apple II+, before I spent a few years of lawn-mowing / life-guarding and snow-shoveling money on an SE......
Maybe its just my imagination. Wasn't it just a few years ago that Apple timed hardware releases to coincide with XMas and/or back-to-school? I also recall they paired this with timed promotions in the summer, and Black Friday to clear inventory, offering attractive prices. Now Apple seems to release things outside the retail cycles. It hasn't hurt them, I don't think. But its annoying to me. The last version of the MB Pro didn't seem like a significant change,...