or Connect

Posts by JeffDM

This isn't the first AppleInsider / Adorama iMac 5k deal. Are these machines not selling well enough? If it's a harbinger of an official price drop, I'd welcome it. It's not a sure thing, but I think there's precedence.
I think they'll do fine. They've done fine for decades as a premium add-on channel, now you don't even have to get basic to get this.With cable TV, you're also paying for channels that you don't watch because they're in the bundle. I suppose you can argue that with the HBO offering here, you're also paying for shows that you're not watching. But the cable/sat packages compound the problem.At the moment, the price seems fine, I don't think it's reasonable to compare to...
"We have X better by some dubious margin" But what about Y, Z, A, B & C? I still haven't warmed up to the new Windows. The Tile UI doesn't mean jack if the apps for it are sparse.
Applecare is a nice bonus, though I'd want to flip the printer.
That's unnecessary. I don't understand the need to declare that.I don't think there's a right to be on a retailer's shelves against the retailer's wishes, nor do I see why this case should change that. If someone sued you, would you really keep offering their stuff for sale?
A protruding lens like that is a bad idea. The iPhone 4 had a slightly protruding lens, and it got scuffed up if you weren't paying attention. The lens should have been slightly recessed. I know it's fixed on the 5s, I didn't check on the in-between models.
Pushing those controls in accessibility is a bit counterintuitive, in my opinion.I haven't looked at the images very closely before, I'm not liking the flat look at all.
Apple isn't doing that to be a responsible party. They are doing what they are required to do by law. If Apple has an Apple Store or other qualifying nexus in your state, they are required to collect.As far as I'm concerned, a state expecting an out of state entity (one with no nexus in state) to collect taxes for them is exceeding their jurisdiction.My state has a pretty nifty amnesty, you don't have to report items below a certain value if you just pay a small amount...
Well, if you pick the "big three", yeah. Then there's #4: doesn't T-Mobile still offer a discounted plan for bring-your-own-phone?http://www.t-mobile.com/bring-your-own-phone.htmlI think you can get discounted plans with MVNOs, etc. Wal*Mart offers Straight Talk, which I think has such a plan.
I wasn't aware they were developing Aperture at all. I am using Aperture on an old computer, I wonder if I should be replacing it sooner than I'd like.I don't think GIMP is even a remotely similar program, what they do don't overlap very much in functionality.