or Connect

Posts by JeffDM

Yeah, it's too bad idiots have money. Berkshire Hathaway seems to have it right, don't cater to the idiots.Yeah, and you're buying proportionally less of a company than you would if you bought your entire allotment.I'm pretty sure you can buy fractional shares.
Stock splits don't change real value though, for one seventh the price as before, you get one seventh the company as before. The only reason it makes any difference is when you're dealing with non-rational influences.
I don't doubt they've sold, but I've yet to see a 5c "in the wild". I have to wonder how well the PC shell played out when they've spent some of the marketing basically telling us that metal shells are the way to go.
Yeah, copyright law doesn't allow you share copies of a CDs or share rips of a CD legally. Even though it's illegal to share iTunes audio tracks to other people, it's easy to do because they aren't encrypted anymore, they haven't been for years. I find I need an external hub no matter how many internal USB ports are available. I don't remember a drive having trouble unless it's bus powered on an unpowered or underpowered hub. I go as direct as I can, but drives can run on...
You revived a five month old thread.That's a rather bizarre loop. You lampshaded that very quickly, and I don't see if there is any reason to do that, unless you have an agenda in your argument. Apple's display is nice, but nowhere near necessary. The user's previous peripherals would generally work very well. I'm not a fan of Apple's input devices anyway, so the input devices I've gotten with other machines get stored.I will say that I was disappointed when the $499 mini...
"Sampling" - meaning very limited supply and it would probably only go to preferred customers, and the final customer would probably paying a very high price.
OK, not a big deal. It still accepts Prime.I can't say I find a need or want for it though. A PS3 handles most things I need for my TV, and Amazon is offered on that.
...? Introduced today, so it's not an April Fool's joke.When did they say they had no plans to offer one?
I gather he's a co-owner of the venture.
A different school of thought is "don't give publicity to your competitors". But in this case, if he didn't mention Apple, we wouldn't have heard about this interview.Yeah, the guy's reasoning falls apart pretty quickly, it's hard to think of a charitable way to spin it.I don't see any reason to believe that Roku is necessarily losing money either. An off-the-shelf ARM with good graphics built-in is pretty inexpensive these days. There are plenty of $40 MK808 type HDMI...