or Connect

Posts by JeffDM

Are the ChromeCast and other streaming devices on an HDMI stick considered to be part of this market? The article doesn't mention them.
Who manufactures the masks?
With that extra cost, one gets a considerably wider range of functionality. Also, if one has a game console, the need for a dedicated streaming device is minimized. Which makes it an interesting piece of information to compare usage and purchasing patterns, to see how the general public makes their choices of a range of options.Why not? I think it would result in more interesting figures. Slicing and dicing differentiations to narrow everything down to tiny market segments...
Sounds like you're replying to the wrong story.
Yeah, $2k is in the range of the low end professional SLRs. Might even find a full frame at that price, and that's simply not necessary to get some practice.A digital SLR kit can be had new for $500 if you look around. Good old manual lenses are a decent thing to start with.
I was hoping that Apple could push the price down just by getting the volume going.There's astronomical winter and meteorological winter.Is that really any different from any other era?
Apparently, you can't tell or know the difference between resistive and capacitive touch screens. One isn't built on the other, it's a completely distinct technology.
I read elsewhere that Microsoft is using a sensor developed in-house for their new console, so PrimeSense isn't part of that.I know of the PrimeSense sensor mainly through the fact that it's pretty popular for low-end 3D scanning. It's built into at least half a dozen products designed for 3D scanned objects (Occipital Structure, 3D Systems Sense), or otherwise used for that task (MS Kinect, Asus Xtion).
Apparently these Windows competitors aren't "engineering that quality in", unless you buy the business lines. I haven't seen a consumer Windows computer I was happy with, structurally.One was $400, the other was $900.That's quite a leap, what's the connection? Most tablets were using a desktop/notebook OS and hardware that wasn't well-adapted for that use.
Competing with Windows computers on price is not the way to go. You'll end up with a computer that's built poorly, like the other computers in that price bracket. I've bought Windows machines, but it's almost exclusively from the business lines. The two times I've bought the consumer lines, I've deeply regretted, and I still haven't found any of them worth buying.