or Connect

Posts by JeffDM

Discerning the motivations behind a market's reaction can be tricky. A lot of it is speculation.A lot of economics (at least used to) assume there is an overall rationality of markets even if individual players aren't rational, but that's not as true as they would like.
Some people have explained it as profit taking. Buy on rumor, sell on news.If I didn't forget, if I owned their stock, I'd crunch the numbers to see if it's worth selling shares a couple days before earnings report and buying it back the day after at a lower price. I suppose that's similar to shorting stock.
Isn't there Apple software to share a computer's drive with other computers on a network? That feature was introduced with the MacBook Air. I doubt a typical user needs an optical drive so much that they need one in every computer.
I'll go with that.Never mind that ______ called and wanted their ______ back is, in itself, a stale joke too.
Year ____ called and wanted their stale joke back.
Ahoy, run-on paragraph!You can't wait and see what it takes to get inside? It might be as easy to get into as the 2011, which really isn't as bad as people feared.
Notice that it was a rejected concept. The brainstorming process involves working on a lot of ideas then refining down, so for every idea, ten to a hundred related ones are discarded.There is some truth to that, but you are remembering a soundbite of a larger statement. If you go back to the keynote on the iPod Photo introduction, Jobs explained that they (Apple) are not ready for it, and hinted that they need to put together a video store infrastructure, and they're...
I think that's like asking if a music download/streaming site really needs to offer 10 million songs on offer vs. 1 million. The long tail is going to have things you want that you'd miss with a smaller selection, even if it seems insurmountable. You just don't know from which section your favorite apps come.Not from Apple, anyway. Notice in the MS announcement PR and the ads, they didn't show the keyboard up close in use. They did show the click gimmick every instance...
Those are options shown on the current product page. I would hope the options on the final post are broader.
Part of my response is that the alternative IO, wireless, doesn't seem to be doing well enough. I can see storage going to Thunderbolt, but a lot of non-storage connectivity needs improvement to do away with the USB. Maybe if a hub was available or wasn't priced so silly.Wireless for data is pretty good now. But I'm having bad luck with the multitouch on Apple's Bluetooth products. I like Bluetooth audio for the convenience, but sometimes that just doesn't cut it for...