or Connect

Posts by JeffDM

The company or just the team?I didn't put any stock in Apple buying the Color company or service, it failed in the market. I thought maybe they had some good backend service, but if they had great talent but were saddled with a poor business plan, then just buy the rights to hire the talent and Apple is good.
I don't know what the traffic is, much less relative to other sites with an Apple focus, so I have no comment on that.
I think we're OK on different viewpoints. What we don't always let slide is abuse from fandroids, telling us we're all iSheep or iTards, or parroting Android talking points while saying Apple products are junk. Sometimes we do get honest people that don't realize they're posting the same way trolls do.
It would work better if Apple enabled its function when showing the lock screen. On "auto" the lock screen is way too bright in the dark. I just don't understand why it has to be that way. I know it's only a few seconds, but that's for each and every unlock. It's also quite annoying where I'd rather just fiddle with the brightness.
Sure, we want third party accessories. All encryption would do is make sure the third parties pay the proper license fees and have proper quality control.
I felt Nokia mostly took design elements from various nano generations.The current nano face looks like a combination of a stretched 6th generation with Apple's home button added.
If you go back to watch the press conference videos, it's almost like the detachable keyboard was the only thing they could show you, and just the detach/attach feature. I think they showed the kick stand in passing too. It's a novelty, I wonder if Tupperware made any ads that only showed people burping the plastic ware, it's about that silly. It seems like an ultra book with a touch screen would have been a better idea.
The problem I see with Windows 8 is so many controls are hidden unless you have the cursor in the right place, this gets old quickly. Also, it's designed to be a tablet & touch-centric OS first that has such a poorly designed fallback mode for mouse and keyboard based computers, I don't know why they bothered to offer a desktop version of the OS. The new UI seriously gimps any large screened computer to a setup that's appropriate for a 10" screen at most.
Yep. Mice since Windows 1.0, I think. Then there's UltimateTV. They did network cards and keyboards. Zune. Plus that obscure XBox that nobody ever heard of and nobody ever played.
Mac Pro is not a consumer machine. Stuff it under a desk and no one sees it and no one really cares. I don't think Apple makes enough of them anymore to justify a redesign. Making it much smaller compromises the acoustics. Smaller workstations and servers tend to be loud.iMacs, I can see going thinner because the 3.5" drive and ODD are probably going away on the next update. Maybe 5mm thinner overall.It makes no sense when you still have a base that can't be made shorter...