or Connect

Posts by JeffDM

That doesn't mean there wasn't a risk. Schmidt having to recuse himself for portions of a meeting because of conflicts of interest had to disruptive.
Apple up 60% YTD, Nasdaq up 20% YTD. I think Apple's stock is doing OK. Only down a bit from a temporary peak of a month ago.
I'm puzzled why he wasn't forced off sooner. I can't think of anything, even saving face doesn't fit very well, because billions of dollars at possible risk trump saving face, as far as I'm concerned.
I don't believe that Apple would offer two very different iPads at the same price, much like Apple doesn't offer different models of iPods at the same price, save for different choice of carriers or color options for iPads and iPods, respectively.The resolution question would still need to be addressed, the UI needs to be altered to fit another resolution, scaling all the graphics smaller doesn't cut it. I just don't see Apple offering the 10" iPad UI on an 7"-8" model...
I doubt that happened though. There is some irresponsibility in allowing him on the board, knowing Google bought Android a year before, but I don't think there is necessarily any wrongdoing like you claim. It's possible, but I don't think the timeline fits an accusation of Schmidt passing information to Google. If Google had their touch screen phone ready less than six months after Apple's, that would be one thing, but it took about a year and a half produce a half-assed...
The only think I can think of is sponsored location pins. I don't know if Google monetizes traffic patterns, but it might be data mined to help choose a site for a new store.
I think a clarification is in order here. From the promo video, I think it's clear the part is CNC machined, but the question is how much. Apple doesn't make it clear whether the chassis is milled from an extruded blank like a Unibody Mac, or formed using some other process.The metallurgical tolerances of aluminum can vary enough that you get noticeable difference in material properties from the alloys of the same type. An alloy has certain allowable ranges for different...
That is true, but the thing is you're probably the only one that calls it that way. Everyone else just calls it an iPhone 5.
Did Apple even say it was a fifth generation device? Otherwise, I don't understand what the problem is.
I didn't think about that, but some generation of anodized nanos had sharp square edges on the ends. I had one, and I do recall nicking mine on the ends with an impact. A couple generations of shuffles were shaped similarly too.