or Connect

Posts by JeffDM

Then I don't believe you understand what you're talking about. To alleviate the problem, you need to change the angle (orientation), not position.
Inches aren't a measure of angles. Should you be calling people retards when you can't get that critical detail correct yourself?Flare.
That happened much later though. Different subsidiary, unrelated industry, new management. Assuming there is revenge, there's no way it would hurt anyone that did anything to him.
Because a lawyer that served on a trial 19 years ago married a lawyer that's a partner for the firm in the Samsung trial? Do you have any idea how tenuous that sounds? That's a very weak motivation in my opinion
I think it was helpful to ease the concerns of the uninitiated into the platform. If you buy a Mac and don't like the Apple platform, at least you have a nice computer that can run Windows.
PowerPC is more of a derivative of POWER. But it's complicated.I don't see why Apple would go back after closing out that chapter a few years ago anyway.
I recall someone suggesting that slapping the edge of the screen from the side could be set to switch workspaces or switch apps.I turn off that "shake to..." shit. It makes sense for shuffle or other randomizing actions. It's a stretch outside of that. Set something down too abruptly translates to a shake.
If it's just an incompatible offshoot, then it has even less chance of getting traction than Thunderbolt has.
The platform was a 3-way alliance as a co-development. It did have roots in the POWER architecture though.Motorola made the G3 and G4 series.IBM made the G5 series.I think they both shared designs in the 60x series.Both of these companies dropped the ball and that held back the Mac platform. Motorola didn't want to make the performance chips and IBM couldn't or wouldn't make a G5 efficient enough for notebook use. I think PA Semi probably came along a bit too late. They...
I think the problem was having chip design partners that had their own fabs. Apple might not have had the clout or money then to buy out those designs and shop them out to other fabs. Now they should have the ability to design their own chips and shop it to anyone with adequate facilities. They still would have to pay patent and licensing fees to whatever subcomponents they use, but it could give them a fair amount of freedom.I won't say this is likely, but there is some...