or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

Whether that wording was intention or not it doesn't matter. If intentional it's overt racism. If accidental it shows underlying issue in this country (or perhaps humanity).I personally like the word looting for that circumstances as one isn't paying for the items and likely doesn't have permission but the situation is unique. However that term only has a negative connotation with stealing so I wouldn't use it to describe anyone going into a deserted store in a town...
On top of that every iOS betas needs to have the UDID of the device added to the developer's account or you'll never be able to use it once you install it. However, each developer account has 100(?) devices they can activate to allow others to install the betas. I paid for both iOS and Mac developer accounts and have added family and friend UDIDs to my account, as well as uploaded the needed IPSWs to Dropbox so they can get use the betas.
Water resistance doesn't mean it's a scam, it means there are limitations to its proofing. The Galaxy S5 is rated IP67. The first number refers to dust and other particulars and the second refers to the water test. It's an IEC standard!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_CodeIn this case, it has to have to have the USB grommet properly secured, be up to 1 meter depth, and be submerged for a full 30 minutes without any water seeping in. If it's still working I believe they then...
I think that would have been an impressive commercial. Here's how I envision my first draft of their water resistance phone ad: The scene opens up to a bucket-looking bucket, but it's clear so you can see through it. Filled to the top with water save for a couple inches. Then at the water line there are 2-3 inches of ice floating toward the top. OPTION 1: You then drop the Samsung Galaxy S5 in a way that it's clearly in the bucket and submerged standing up, facing the...
I agree it's pathetic, but not for the reasons you state. The S5 is water resistant, it's just a pain in the ass because you need to make sure the rubber grommet is secure on the micro-USB port whenever your done using it, which would be annoying.Also, we're talking about water and ice here (and we're not even talking. The iPhone could easily do this for the few seconds it would take with any regular water source with a lot of conductive impurities as opposed to distilled...
Screenshot? Different devices for different takes?I don't see that as despicable. I'm sure they do plenty of takes and then edit it. My disgust is the lack of attention to detail. If they want to be like Apple they need to start giving a shit about the little things.
The exact opposite would be that the newer APIs in Android could easily be used, but they can't because most devices will never get the latest updates which means developers will have to continually shoot for the least common denominator by sticking with the APIs for the OS version with the most users.Your definition states that any evolution of OS or HW changes causes fragmentation. That's now even close to what is meant by a fragmentation when it comes to developers....
1) Samsung donates Apple's products to their engineering department all the timeĀ”2) This isn't about charity. It's about showing off the water resistance capabilities of that device.3) I like the idea of the ad but I felt it fell flat. I think it needed a lot more water and for a lot longer to be effective.
Absolutely!
Features dependent on HW in some way, not APIs.