or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

Ignoring that these aren't consumer machine you're building which makes them a nonstarter for any reasonable comparison, how much time are you spending on research, building, setup, and maintenance? Now factor in the average Mac user's average hourly wage and then figure out how much time it would take them to do the same as you (since you clearly do this often) and you might find even when dealing a server the time simply don't work out for the average consumer in terms...
1) Sure, but you're not talking about a general purpose computer which is what @asdasd seems to be referring to when asshats say "Oh, I build my own computers." These guys aren't likely building notebooks which are the primary machines sold to customers.2a) I've built some very tough Hackintoshs but at the same time I'd never consider one for server use. For that I would go with *nix or Windows, depending on the usage need.2b) Right now I do have OS X Server running on one...
I wonder if Jobs had stayed on in a less than advantagous role and saw the way Apple was heading he might have jumped shipped and not looked back. I think psychologically this would be more likely if he wasn't ousted early on and if it had been his decision to leave.I'm sure we all have our what-if scenarios so I'm just glad Steve came back because as much as I like JLG I don't think Be OS would have been better than NeXTSTEP. I think Apple is still relying on WebObjects...
I read recently that Sculley said he shouldn't have fired Jobs.http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/tech-news/Forcing-Steve-Jobs-out-of-Apple-was-a-mistake-John-Sculley/articleshow/33874683.cmsPersonally, I wonder if being pushed out of Apple was the best thing for Steve, Apple, and the consumer in the long run.
onomatopoeia |ˌänəˌmatəˈpēə, -ˌmätə-|nounthe formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named (e.g., cuckoo, sizzle, tick-tock).onomatopoeic |ˌänəˌmatəˈpē-ik, -ˌmätə-|adjectiveusing or relating to onomatopoeia:Just because an OS doesn't make an actual tick-tock sound doesn't mean I can't apply the sound from a clock. It also means that Intel isn't using wrong because their chips aren't making actual tick-tock sounds when the etymology of the term is clearly...
I don't think he'll ever understand that. He's always off in some other dimension. You say that a MBP is a better value for you than a WinPC and he brings up Sculley and some comment about iSuppli. How do you have a conversation with someone that can't focus a conversation. How do you have a debate with someone you have to constantly correct over simple facts before moving on? If he was willing to learn I want to engage him more but his mission only seems to be proving...
So your assertion is that having any marketing budget, even if it's smaller than all your competitors and a considerably smaller percentage than in the Sculley era, means that Apple is some evil, hypocritical company that doesn't make valuable products. Got it!
And the cheapest Mac comes in under the original $666 price at $599, and they offer a notebook under $1000. So much for that $2500 floor.
No we don't. In Scully's era Macs weren't nearly as valuable for a given price points. Today's Macs are more valuable than every other product in their category.