or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

You can stream it from their site, download it as a Podcast in 3 different quality ratings, read about it on their website, or read one of thousands of articles on the internet about the service. No one else was able to watch the live stream properly that day either, but the rest of us managed to read live streams from attendees, as well as had weeks now to get up to date on what was presented.
I use it quite often. Great not to have to look away or stop using my Mac to take see who is calling and then take that call.In fact, this is such an annoying oversight that as far back as July in the Beta a developer made a Continuity Dialer just for that reason.http://continuitykeypad.coPS: Added a 4th bullet item to the list.
If you're not understand key aspects of a new service perhaps you should watch it.1) Clearly they thought they could deliver the live stream properly.2) I'm not sure how or why the term "on time" is being used when referring to a live stream.1) There is no "laws of physics" that make it impossible for Apple to offer a live stream.2) seem to recall that they did use Akamai.3) You're comment about laws of physics doesn't mesh with your comment about using Akamai.Bottom...
That's going way too far the other way. It was eventful, and I believe historic for at least Pay, but there were plenty of little flaws with the presentation itself.What excuses am I making for their live stream fiasco?
Those Handoff features are mostly done but there is still some odd, un-Apple aspects to taking a phone call on the Mac.You can't start a phone call on your iPhone then move it to another device like you can with other apps.The time it takes for the ringing to start/stop between devices is not fast enough.If you make/receive a call on your Mac you won't have a dialer option for tonal input.The app that opens is FaceTime despite it only being a voice call.
You're talking about the live stream, which is not the same as the event itself.
OK, so how can I use my Mac to make a purchase on Amazon.com and pay with my iPhone 6 via Pay? That seems like a convoluted setup to me. The only connected aspect is the bank will be aware of the representational CC and PIN being used for the purchase, but if you're using the same one for every online merchant you're really not adding any internet-based security. I'd think this would have to be unique to a site and/or merchant ID, therefore taking extra time to be...
It already has.Also bringing your Debit/CC with you doesn't means you're not going to use Pay. This is no different than when CCs first appeared and people also carried cash on them. Why assume it's an all-or-nothing carry situation? That's just foolish.Of course it takes time but the writing is not he wall. The paradigm shift is here and it's going to stick.
I have had many bad experiences with PayPal, but I'll gladly use them as an intermediary over giving some random website my direct card info. I think PayPal has shot themselves in the foot* here but I think they will limp along for a very long time just like AOL and MySpace.* Looks like this came from eBay's CEO and this foolish move is why David Marcus left PayPal for Facebook.http://bankinnovation.net/2014/09/missing-from-the-paypal-ipo-apple-pay/
Lonely Island comes to mind.