or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

This is the 2nd The Big Bang Theory clip I've posted here today.
This conversation is well beyond my ken.
I hadn't considered that side of it but I think that's a good analogy. Buying a band T-shirt at $30 always seemed ridiculous. They want you pay an inflated price to advertise for them but their loyal members are happy to do it because they identify with them in some way. I don't go so far as to obfuscate the Apple logo on my MBP like on a TV show but I am not going to put one of their stickers on my car.Is that loyalty — which I see as at least a semi-bond commitment — or...
They can foolishly listen to their customers instead of doing what is good for them. I mean actually doing what their customers say, not just saying that they do that; kind of like the Homer Car.
Let's find a better word: How about brand likalists?
I see so much wrong with that design.
I am not a fan of that word it comes to a company or product. On the surface the definition doesn't sound too bad…loyalty |ˈloiəltē|noun (pl. loyalties)the quality of being loyal to someone or something:loyal |ˈloiəl|adjectivegiving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution:…but the synonyms for that word paint a picture that isn't someone who is being objective or freely choosing the best option.loyaltynounallegiance, faithfulness,...
My guess is it comes down to the type of consumer that would by a desktop Mac likely wants something all inclusive (iMac) or super powerful (Mac Pro).
Ignoring that these aren't consumer machine you're building which makes them a nonstarter for any reasonable comparison, how much time are you spending on research, building, setup, and maintenance? Now factor in the average Mac user's average hourly wage and then figure out how much time it would take them to do the same as you (since you clearly do this often) and you might find even when dealing a server the time simply don't work out for the average consumer in terms...
1) Sure, but you're not talking about a general purpose computer which is what @asdasd seems to be referring to when asshats say "Oh, I build my own computers." These guys aren't likely building notebooks which are the primary machines sold to customers.2a) I've built some very tough Hackintoshs but at the same time I'd never consider one for server use. For that I would go with *nix or Windows, depending on the usage need.2b) Right now I do have OS X Server running on one...