or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

I'd say that's inherent to all spoken languages.
For a very long time they didn't mentioned any competitor by name. I think it was only after the monumental fail of Vista that they decided to go for the jugular.
I don't see that as a good solution and was very happy Apple didn't use it even though I had no idea of what a better solution could be. Apple's solution doesn't shrink anything, which defeats the purpose of a larger display, it moves down for a total of one tap. Now the double rap of the Touch ID sensor to activate it seems suspect but this is an area Apple tends to excel so I'll try it out before coming to a conclusion on whether it's natural or not.
Absolutely. If they had made it 32GB, 64GB and 128GB I would have gone with the 32GB on the low-end. This will definitely get many to make that jump past 16GB despite. I have 6GiB free at the moment on iOS 8 and plan to get 64GB due to potential data use and the resale value of 64GB in a year. Plus, when you think about a jump of 48GB and 64GB, respectively, between capacities it does seem much more reasonable than 16GB and 32GB, respectively, for $100. People should stop...
When iTunes Store content is finally updated I am sure they will not keep quiet.
I just ordered for someone tonight (Verizon, Space Grey, 16GB) with a shipping date of 9/19. I'm guessing the 16GB models are not very popular with a 48GB bump for $100.
Nice catch.• 1280 × 720 = 921,600 pixels × 240fps = 221,184,000 pixels per second• 3840 × 2160 = 8,294,400 pixels × 30 fps = 248,832,000 pixels per secondClose. Very close.
If the iPhone 6 can en/decode H.265 next week then I would expect hope everything to start getting that capability going forward.
Maybe but that would be a huge load on the Intel processors. My guess is that they are setting it up now so they can list their devices with H.265 for getting smaller files (at a faster rate) for current content encoded with H.265 and then offer 4K content in a couple years. Frankly, I'm surprised the iPhone 6 doesn't have 4K@30fps video which is more data than the per second data needed for 1080p@240fps video*, everything else being equal. Of course there are many other...
iTunes 12 could support it because without a HW decoder it's pointless to offer it. I don't think we'd not know it existed so Apple is probably just setting this up now.1) I've been expecting this, too. I think I even stated I expected it last year as the Galaxy S4(?) had an H.265 decoder in mid-2013.2) It might not say it plays back H.265 video — when it clearly does through FaceTime — because there is no H.265 on the iTunes Store or any appreciable content on the...