or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

There are lots of articles on the situation. This isn't new info. Here is one such article..http://online.wsj.com/articles/chinas-hunger-for-apples-new-iphone-fuels-smuggling-1411388180PS: I stand behind @Apple ]['s comments in this thread. I read nothing that was stating that all line sitters are Chinese or Asian, that this was happening at every store, or anything racist about the events that led to the SoHo store's 12 block line of mostly older, cash-paying, Chinese...
What about priority buying for current iPhone customers, like Ferrari does with certain cars they sell that require that you've purchased x-many Ferraris in the past to be eligible.I personally think that sounds elitist and the last I heard the number of new buyers is still about 50% so I don't think that would be a smart move.
So why what is Apple's position here? It's the lesser of two evils as Apple][ states regarding honest shoppers who only have cash, Apple wants to break records more than make the best experience for legitimate US buyers, or something else?
As do I.They can choose not to accept cash for a certain duration, which I think they had done in the past but it created issues. People could still make a purchase with a gift card that was purchased with cash or if you cancel that you need to have a way for people to be given a gift so they can purchase it themselves. Perhaps the solution is a special GC that can only be bought with a CC or Debit card so it's tied to a bank account.Would the Chinese mafia want to then go...
Make sure this coffee beans were legally imported and didn't use slave labour or you could go to jail for drinking conflict coffee.I know. That's the point. You hold these line sitters responsible and not Apple, despite Apple knowing a lot more about what is going on than the line sitters. Either all parties or no parties are responsible for the "pre-crime" of selling or buying CE on US soil before they are illegally smuggled out of the country to be sold on the black...
When you form a statement using simplistic terms like legal v illegal you open yourself up for all examples.
Their economy can be hurt by smuggling. Not just the public sector but the private sector, too. Even in the US with the iPhone you have people like me waiting up to 8 weeks for a product because much of the supply is being diverted away from its intended market. This affects Apple, too.
He wrote, "Yes people helping with committing crimes are not doing anything wrong because they didn't do the crime. US law doesn't hold that view."So if US law doesn't hold the view that helping others to commit a crime is legal then, by his logic, Apple is culpable for supporting these black market iPhones in China. Apple certainly knows more about where these phones are going and how they are being used more than any of these poor line sitters.Bottom line: It's not...
So you hold Apple and their employees responsible for selling black market goods?
You wrote, "No its not necessarily legal to line up either."I'm saying it's perfectly legal to be in the line. What is illegal is other things you might do in the line (sleep, deal drugs, commit murder, defecate on the sidewalk, etc.). I assume your comment stems from that video of the line sitters going around and the comments black and grey market.Then you also wrote, "Secondly, these helping someone commit a crime which is in the US illegal in and of itself," which...