or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

I agree, but I do wonder if there will be a noticeable time diffference between the Watch and iPhone because of the vast performance differences, despite the extremely minute payload that will need to be decrypted.Sure. The same way your debit/CC gets read by the POS terminal which then contacts your financial agency.1) I haven't read anything about that. The only industry standard I'm aware of is the NFC communication.2) Is Apple the the first to implement it or the...
My guess is that you'd have to interact with the POS screen for any additional info, like signing your name at Walgreens in order to approve some prescripton.
1) You don't have to use Touch ID to access your phone or use Pay. There is always the passcode option.2) Good question about S-series ARM chip. Perhaps it will be 64-bit, but my guess is it won't.3) I'm also curious if the Watch will have its own unique device token associated with your account by the bank, or if it will simply use the same one, for instance, that your iPhone 6 series uses when setting it up. My guess is the iPhone will be a go between when the Watch...
I don't think that's accurately stated, even though it's essentially true.The "token" isn't some hash that could ever be converted in the card number and PIN. It's an additional number and PIN that is created by the financial institution that is then associated and stored with your account* number. This is more like iCloud's new feature for creating app-specific passwords that will be able to be used once per app per device for a specific task, like getting access to your...
If you're only using a stylus, I guess it would come down to the SW, but with a digitizer — note the MS Surface 1 and 2 used one from Wacom and but the 3 uses an N-trig digitizer — you use a digital pen.This is a HW feature I've been wanting Apple to include in the iPad (and now the iPhones) for years. I don't even expect them to sell any of their own digital pens, just offer the HW, frameworks, and APIs and then let the 3rd-party app and 3rd-party HW developers do their...
Yes and no. You set it up with your iPhone, but then that's it. It's just an independent solution then. You wouldn't even need to have your iPhone on you. For example, lets say you get the Sport version and it's IP67 rated. You take that to Adventure Island in Tampa, put your iPhone in a locker but wear the watch. Now you're hungry and Adventure Island has NFC setup. You can then use your Watch to pay for a belly full of nitrates, saturated fats, and simple sugars.
It's not even remotely the same thing. It's as ridiculous as saying the Magic Trackpad for the iMac is just as good as a Wacom digitizer since both can be used with a stylus.
Nothing fiddly about it and it's very simple.
Step 1: You pair the watch with certain iPhones, which will allow you to put the proper representational card numbers on Watch's Secure Element that it received from the bank via the iPhone.Step 2: You use a PIN to authenticate the Watch. This stays authenticated until it's removed.Step 3: You press the button next to the Digital Crown twice to set it up for an Pay payment, then accept or deny the payment info that comes on the Watch display after it connects with the...
That sounds like it could be a pretty good slogan if it was cleaned up a bit. You should pitch that to Amex¡