or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

Are you talking about subsidies price points? I am talking about unsubsidized as that's the actual retail price and subsidization are neither universal nor standard.
1) You have no way of knowing that. All you have are some company's made up numbers. They probably used some foundation of truth to get what they think are reasonable assumptions but they can't know for sure posting this as a fact isn't reasonable. "iSuppli believes…." would be a reasonable way to start your comments, assuming these figures came from them.2) Did the cost of the iPhone 5S include the acquisition of AuthenTec for $356 MM? How many iPhone 5S's have sold? If...
No argument here. I'm not against Apple defending its IP — in fact I'm always in favour of people defending what they feel is right — I just don't care enough to get worked up over these giants fighting when the end result for me will be minimal, at best. Win or lose I don't think the technology I use or the value of my stocks will be affected by any noticeable amount in the long term. I would like laws changed and the patent and copyrights systems reformed to include a...
You need to learn what copying is. Samsung has no IP here. Digitizers existed on products long before Samsung added one to a product. Your comment is as silly as saying Apple stole the idea for LTE simply because it waited for LTE chips to be (3rd gen) power efficient.
Based on the amount of supposed leaks I have to wonder if Apple will change up the iPhone release schedule again, this time bringing it back close to a Summer release. Sure, it doesn't work well for iOS testing but it could allow them to build more supply for the Holiday quarter and allow the next event in their Autumn to allow for more devices.AnandTech's results on NAND speed have not been kind.I would love to see an SSD SoC. Essentially several smaller NAND chips...
I know why but I think it would be silly as you're misattributing Jobs words. He was talking about devices before the iPhone that required a stylus to be used because pressing on a resistive keyboard was a horrible experience. This would still be the same iOS UI but with the option for a stylus, just like with the Note. I also don't think Apple would include a stylus with such a device.
I honestly don't care about the who, what and why so long as technology evolves as fast as possible. If Samsung's anti-compatiive actions affect the overall pace of technology then I certainly care about but since 1) I haven't seen any evidence that it's hurting the pace of technology) and 2) I can't do a damn thing about it I can let it go. I could argue that Samsung's stealing has pushed Apple to innovate faster as a result instead of a bunch of weak vendors fighting...
Speaking of phablet, a digitizer could do it. Check out the cost of the Galaxy Note. I think it's the Wacom digitizer that brings that price up. You can use a stylus on an iPhone or iPad but without a digitizer it's never going to be as accurate or have features that come along with a digitizer. And Apple could really do some amazing things here with their expertise in SW. Samsung created APIs for the the Note's digitizer but I can't imagine it could even come close to...
Honestly, I don't care who wins or loses when these giants fight. I don't think it will keep Apple from innovating and they aren't going to go under because of Samsung, and the cost of these lawsuits are a pittance to the wealth of these companies so any product costs or stock valuation will be minimal to me. That's not to say that I wish the laws were changed to make stealing less "legal" but I'd much rather we focus on putting away the people responsible for the 2008...
Why not? That's a lot more additional screen area? Why assume that doesn't have an additional cost associated with it. What if they also increase the resolution or if it's a 5.5" display or if they double the NAND or use additional components because they have more room behind that larger display? Lots of reasons why the price might increase.What's the alternative? Buying a case every year if you have something like the Galaxy series where the casing changes dramatically...