or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

1) You have/had a choice.2) Note he didn't say you were a douchebag, but he stated what he thought someone else was saying. I'm not sure if that was a veiled insult or not.
What do you have to replace it because a world wide web without JS right now would suck big donkey balls.
As @Blastdoor notes, there is no molly-coddling but there was plenty of Katie Cottoning. 😎I have no idea what he'll be doing but I 1) think his systematic and scientific approach to breaking down a product to test fits in perfectly with Apple, and 2) could see him eventually groomed as an exec and even Cook's replacement years down the road.
That's my point. There was this feeble, halfhearted and shortsighted attempt to make the tech feasible. What has happened up until now in the US was bound to fail, but the technology itself has always had promise, the problem is way too many think that if technology has promise everything else will fall into place; and perhaps at one one point in human history that was true (Clovis blade?), but not today, and not when you need HW, SW, partners and a complex infrastructure...
And yet his farewell yesterday does contain some negative comments about him and Apple, and it's not like this news 24 hours later isn't going to mean the assclowns aren't going to come back to AnandTech to be, well, assclowns. Since he didn't disable comments yesterday and since they are still active today everything you've written about him not wanting to read hate responses in moot. He also mentioned this on Twitter whose middle name is literally twit, not to mention...
Excluding any markets that have currently implemented NFC is some way, why do you think NFC's day has both come and gone.I feel that NFC's day hasn't yet happened since it's never been implemented well within HW, an OS with APIs and frameworks, and been supported by a robust ecosystem with leading industry partners. What is being rumoured now is what I've been saying need to be in place before Apple can get on board.
I wouldn't call most of them Fandroids, but rather those that simply hate for which Apple stands. Anand has a lot more readers since the first time reviewed an Apple product so the percentage of anti-Apple bashing has decreased but there are still plenty of haters. With his farewell article there are over 300 comments with several saying how Anand is great except for reviewing or using Apple products, or up until he starting doing so… as if he can't be a fan of multiple...
1) I read about him leaving AnandTech yesterday, which will still be profitable for him, but I wasn't expecting him to be hired by Apple. 2) He's been taking crap from "true" AnandTech readers for years ever since he decided to use and report on his first Apple product. Him coming to Apple is going to send those assclowns into a fury. I can't wait!
iBeacons are not more advanced than NFC and NFC isn't a stopgap while they wait for BT to be adopted.
Two or three years ago around the time NFC chips were pointlessly being added to various vendor's handsets running Android, with an MC or Visa executive stated that the only way such payments to take off is for Apple to back it.