or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

I have a feeling you're very wrong. I think wearables are going to be an exceptionally large and profitable market.
I think @ascii makes a great point about at least staying in the wearable game with R&D. This is an area that is only going to grow, and few companies have experience with shoes, clothing and electronics. Nike seems pretty poised to be the top contender for a large variety of connected and/or intelligent wearables… whatever they may be.
Samsung (and others) finally moved in a more reasonable direction this year with the "smartwatch" market by not trying to recreate features found in a smartphone but so far all are still lacking in duration of use between charges, simplicity of design, and ease of use with included and synced features. IOW, to paraphrase Jobs, "the current crop of [wearables] are going to be DOA, dead on arrival."
As opposed to when it's inconvenient for them? Do you really expect any company to say, "We use open source code when we think it will make our products worse"?
LOL Timothy D. Cook did not register with me at all. Talk about going over someone's head. That does give some credence to the hypothesis that Nike is getting out knowing that Apple is ready to dominate this market.
That's one big Nike Swoosh right over your head.
Doesn't look like. Google says the Nike CEO is Mark Parker.Here is a list of their current board of directors.http://www.apple.com/pr/bios/edit: And no one on Nike's board appears to work for Apple.http://investors.nikeinc.com/Investors/Corporate-Governance/Board-of-Directors/default.aspx
Sure, it's still 5k people but the big difference is that there are 5k that didn't just happen to be up and at their computer reading tech news the moment it hit so they could be one of the 5k people to sign up in the first 1 minute and 11 seconds. ONE minute and ELEVEN seconds for 2013's WWDC.We can say both sets of groups are lucky, but is really an equal chance? Depending on where you are in the world you may never get a shot at attending WWDC because you're sleeping,...
What about a health-related device, not necessarily about fitness?That definitely crossed my mind when I heard about this.
Could Samsung's deal with the Swiss be a defensive measure for their current court case? Meaning, Apple points out licensing deals Apple has made and Samsung says they also have them? I know, that sounds really weak but I'm trying to find an alternative to simply using that clock face in the Galaxy S6.