or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

1) Weren't you the one that was adamant Apple was using regular glass in their iDevices and definitely not using the alkali-aluminosilicate sheet toughened glass from Corning.2) Corning SVP Tony Tripeny stated, "We see a lot of disadvantages of Sapphire versus Gorilla Glass. It’s about 10 times more expensive. It’s about 1.6 times heavier. It’s environmentally unfriendly. It takes about 100 times more energy to generate a Sapphire crystal than it does glass. It transmits...
Then so is iPhone, iPad, iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Pro, and arguably the iPod, although I don't recall pod being used in that way previously.If you just want one example just take iPhone. That device is so much more than a phone. Phone is simply one app on the device but it's named as such because that's how people associate with that specific evolution of technology. The same could very well be true for iWatch as it follows in the exact same way for a...
Again, and as your definition clearly shows, the term watch is generic and the preceding 'i' simply means it's from Apple. I haven't seen any conversations here are debating the merits of specifically calling it an iWatch. First there would have to be a strong consensus on there being a wearables market Apple wants to delve further into. After that we could then try to figure out the best and/or most likely name.
Seems pretty shortsighted to say there will never be a wrist-worn electronic device from Apple.
How does that not fall under the category of the generic term iWatch. You wear it on your wrist and, like most (if not all) fitness bands with a display it will tell you the time. All iWatch really refers to is being a wrist-worn electronic device from Apple.
You'd expect so additional security but at some point they need to source millions of components and have a manufacturer build their product. This would likely be a Chinese company (I don't think some contracted US company would be any more secretive). At some point there is just too much going on for Apple to be able to control every aspect despite their wishes.But if they think it'll only be, say, 1 million units per quarter then it would likely be kept secret for...
Gun fingers are a Compton thing?
I have no such reasoning. I feel as though we're on the cusp on this being able to happen. I feel this way based on looking at other products that are on or coming to market. So far none of them are very good but they all have parts that are decent. Once you add Apple to the equation I can see it happening, which is not unlike all those rumours of an "iTablet" with a crapload of crappy craplets at CES right before Apple demoed the iPad.I can also see how early 2015 might...
I don't know how I can be any more clear.
When it's the right time. This means the technology is here at the mass market level and the market is ready for it, which includes the price point being correct. Look at the history of the tablet market to see how Apple nailed this in 2010 despite decades of attempts.