or Connect

Posts by SolipsismX

I sincerely wish you the best of luck because that's truly your only defense at this point.
If the username and password is used at another site where more personal data including additional credit and debit cards are stored then it could be useful. For instance, what if you use the same at Geico insurance. They could then have automobile info. Or what about using that same username and password to get to a common site for mortgage or student loans. Mine all keep the bank's routing and account numbers and account type available for anyone to see that can log into...
1) The two-step authentication requires an authenticated device be used to retrieve a PIN to access from another device.2) Sure, security issues happen constantly but the solution isn't to be even lazier in your efforts. If someone breaks into my AI account they don't know anything about me. They have an email address, username and password, only two of which are used elsewhere and only on other forums. They'd have to hack and monitor many sites and grab IP data which they...
That is impressive password to remember multiple passwords of that type. I only know three, if you don't count bank PINs, hate codes and padlocks. My MBP password, my 1Password password, and my one iCloud ID used only for Find My iPhone; all of which are long phrases that, while possibly well known, have enough variances that they are extremely strong.BTW, Keychain's Secure Notes are what I used before I had 1Password. I can t imagine going back.
I am dumbfounded by your comment. Because someone might hack into AppleInsider's servers it means that no online account you have should have a password more complex than 123456? Is that what you're professing?Does that mean you also don't use any two-step authentication?PS: The "customer" should not be off the hook if they willfully make foolish decisions that resulted in their identities and money being stolen. Thankfully most sites don't allow easily guesses passwords...
Interesting. Do you have unique passwords for everything? If so, how do manage all of them? I have 294 items in 1Password. 260 of them are internet logins. Each of these have unique passwords. After Apple's Go To Fail bug was resolved I changed all of them. With this recent OpenSSL bug I changed all the ones of sites I knew were affected and resolved. I have 8 Google accounts, 3 iCloud accounts, 2 Dropbox accounts, and about 10 accounts for various financial...
It would be definitely be unusual, but consider last year's iPhone 5S and 5C release. I don't releasing both at the same time was ideal for business. It created some buyer confusion. What if they release the mid-range model in July with iOS 7.2, for instance, and then the high-end model in September with iOS 8, along with an update to the mid-range model in iOS 8. There is no precedence but I could make a case as to why Apple might find this advantageous even if I do think...
Is there anyone not using an app like 1Password at this point?
If we can't even get people to consider user experience differences I don't think we'll get people to consider resale value. Especially here in the US where people believe the cost of the handset is cheap because of the subsidization.
1) This will probably be one of those vestigial technologies that is no longer used extensively but still included, like 802.11b, GPRS, USB 1.1, or (in cars) AM radio and cassette tapes, as large colour displays become more standard features. They've already laid the groundwork years ago for those large colour displays in cars, there will surely be a few holds that don't want a smartphone or a rare occasion when it's not on them or not working, and it doesn't hurt the spec...