or Connect

Posts by BigPhotos

We went to see the BMWs today - looked at a really nice 328iX that can stream my iPhone 5s wirelessly - can also use Siri ....  I'm thinking of a Munich pickup and a 10 day European vacation - driving around and listening to the music on my iPhone .... Goodbye Audi ----  
Ok - I drive an Audi A4 now and I've owned a bunch of BMW 3 series.  All I want in a car's entertainment is a way to play my playlists from my iPhone 5s.  Is that so hard for you to understand?  I have picked up 3 BMWs at the factory in Munich and I planned to do the same for a new A4 at the Audi factory in Ingolstadt.  That plan is now on hold as I seriously look at what Audi thinks it is doing ....  I do not want an android controlling my car or my music.  Period.  I...
Goodbye Audi - it's been swell, but I don't want a Droid in my car. Too bad as I wanted to buy a 2014 A4. Hello BMW - it'll be good to get back to you. My iPhone and I will see you soon.
Today the CES show made it clear - bring a Droid to your Audi : http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/new-partnership-to-bring-android-to.html  "Today, millions of people already bring Android phones and tablets into their cars, but it’s not yet a driving-optimized experience. Wouldn't it be great if you could bring your favorite apps and music with you, and use them safely with your car's built-in controls and in-dash display? Together with our OAA partners, we're...
I rest my case: http://www.openautoalliance.net/#press  >How will Android work inside of the automobile?   >We're working with our partners to enable better >integration between cars and Android devices in >order to create a safer, car optimized >experience. We're also developing new Android >platform features that will enable the car itself to >become a connected Android device. Stay >tuned for more details coming soon.  BMW looks to be much friendlier to my iPhone,...
We are driving an Audi now and we are planning to buy a new one in 2014 ---- BUT - there is NO Way I will switch to a stupid Droid phone to run the dashboard in my new car !!! So, tomorrow, my wife and I will visit the local BMW dealer. We live where a lot of snow and ice create problems - and the Audi Quattro all-wheel drive has been fantastic to use - but BMW now has all wheel drive as well. We have a pair of iPhone 5S phones, an iPad Air - and I have 8 Macs in my...
I have hearing aids (Phonak) and I use their Bluetooth streamer (ComPilot) to send my iPhone to my aids. The ComPilot also contains the microphone. I wonder where the microphones will be in these "iPhone" hearing aids. Phone calls have to be 2-way.
What time does the iPad 5 go for sale online on 11-1-13 ?  I'd like to get my order in early.     The physical stores open at 8AM but my closest store is 2 hours away.   Friday online sales at 12:01 AM  ---- or 8 AM --- ???
I'm ready to update the 21.5 inch iMac in my office - but I refuse to buy a computer that requires a trip back to the factory to update or expand the RAM.  My only choice is the 27 inch iMac - overkill for my desk.  I'll probably buy a used or refurbished "fat" iMac if mine dies.  The desire for the iMac to be thin is insane.  I'd like a 21.5" iMac with removable RAM, a pair of USB ports on the front, and a built-in CD/DVD drive.  My checkbook is ready ....
I'm ready to order the 21.5" - but the deal breaker is the non-user access to the RAM.  That is such an incredibly stupid decision.  How do I know what I will need 3 years from now .... will 8GB be enough -- or will even 16 GB be too little ?  Having to take the whole thing apart to update RAM is just not going to work for me.   So - the choice is the huge 27" it will overwhelm my desktop --- but it does offer:   >user-accessible SO-DIMM slots<  upgrade to 32GB as...