or Connect

Posts by BigPhotos

Good news today --- all my old apps are back on my version 1 iPad ...  Life is good !   Thank you, Apple.   new for today:   Apple's iOS App Store now offers 'last compatible' versions of apps for older devices   http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/17/apples-ios-app-store-now-offers-last-compatible-versions-of-apps-for-older-devices   just go to the app on your old iPad or iPhone - and it will let you get the old version of the app ......
  Exactly ---- I only need a new iPad now because Apple engineered the obsolescence of my current iPad ... and, at some point, they will do that to my next iPad as well.  I was happy with the operation of the APPs on my original iPad - but there is no way to bring them back - they can now only work with IOS 6 - which will NOT load. I have a $600 brick.
I am still using my version 1.0 iPad .... or at least I am Trying to use it.   One by one my APPs have updates that only work with IOS 6 -- which will not work on the original iPad.   There is usually no way to download the older version of the APP - and so I can no longer use it. My iPad is still great for email and for reading books - but I would love it to be lighter ,,,,   Now I am ready to place my order for the latest full-sized iPad - and I hoped that it...
If I had one wish it would be to have the power cord socket on the back - and 1/2 of all the connector sockets (Thunderbolt 2  and USB 3) on the front.  I don't look forward to spinning this around with all the cables attached at the back.
My newest Nikon D800 produces 50MB RAW images - and doing HDR with 9 of the images will give you time to get a sandwich while you watch progress bars go across the screen.  And, 3 years from now ???  Who knows .... more RAM always speeds thing up - and it's cheap to upgrade if you don't have to buy it from Apple or get a "Genius" to pull all the parts out.  I just think that this new design is stupid for a desktop computer .... And, so, I didn't buy any.  Maybe that's why...
Apple charges too much for RAM - and I (unlike  you) have upgraded the RAM in virtually every Mac I have ever owned since my IIfx in 1991 ...   Programs and needs change - will 8 GB ordered today be enough in 3 years?   Since I run my own studio - rather than some tax payers -  I'll still be using the computers after the Apple Care has expired.  Having to pay a "Genius" to pull off the front of the computer to update RAM is just plain dumb -- IMHO.  Just to make it thin...
I was in line to order a new 21.5 inch iMac at the end of the year --- I have a classroom with 8 of them and I wanted to update one or two.  I did NOT place my order for one reason: no access to the RAM.  That is, IMHO, a really, really dumb idea.   I have no need or desire for a 1mm thin edge - or even a slight reduction in weight - for a computer that will never leave the desk.  The 27 inch is too big for the classroom, but that would be the only way to get an iMac...
There is a page at NEC on the problem with Mac OS 10.8:   http://www.necdisplay.com/support-and-services/spectra-view-II/Compatibility     Important compatibility notice: Due to issues with the new Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and the recent update to Mac OS 10.7.5, SpectraView II is not able to communicate with the displays on some systems with Nvidia based video chipsets when connected to the DVI inputs on a display. This includes both Thunderbolt...
There are many of us still using the Better Light system for fine art reproductions.  Nothing else even comes close to capturing the details and the colors of a 40x60 inch painting.  We also have 36 megapixel Nikons - and Hasselblads - but the Better Light system captures "pure" RGB without a Bayer filter.  We use it with huge 900 watt North Lights - It is a very specialized setup and our artists appreciate the difference ... "Cumbersome" is not the word I would use ---...
I can only hope that this is not the current MacPro with a shield added to the fans to meet the new EU safety standards....   I have a large photo studio/digital printing company, and we have 2 maxed-out MacPros - 2007 and 2009.  I've been waiting for more that a year to spend the $$$ in my equipment savings fund on a new MacPro - with faster processors, expanded RAM, SSD, USB3, Thunderbolt, and improved speeds on an eSATA board for running external drives ... in...