or Connect

Posts by Entropys

Pearl Harbour happened because the Japnese wanted to build an empire in South East Asia and knew they had to neuter the U.S. navy so it couldn't prevent that ambition. The Japanese believed that colonialism was the path to power. An Asian version of Bismarkian power theory. The sanctions were in reaction to that, not something conjured out of thin air because they didn't like the nippon. Sheesh. What do they teach yanks in school today? At most the relevance of the...
actually, it's because Russia is a major gas exporter and the Saudis increase in oil exports has dropped the price of oil to a level that makes it hard for gas producers to compete with, thus causing flight of capital from Russia. The Saudi aim is to slow down global development of gas production from shale oil, coal seam gas etc as these are a threat to their dominance of energy production. Thus cheap oil slows down shale oil and CSG development and stays the day the...
8 million people with iPods also purchased music from real? I doubt that.
I find that hard to believe. Chrome books are just as crippled as net books.
To make you look like you are doing better than your competitors, or in this case, your competitors aren't doing well.
In Australia you hardly see a non ipad tablet, when you do it is usually a samsung variant. I have seen a nexus tablet, the anti apple IT geek at work. He is doing all he can to get people off iPads and onto surface pros, and is encountering strong headwinds.
you can smoke too much Ganga? IWho knew?
In Australia with tap to pay credit cards the limit is AUD$100 before you have to sign. I was hoping the Touch ID would negate this as let's face it it is more secure, so that is a bummer.
Proloque2go is awesome assistive software. My wife teaches people that have had strokes, MND etc to use it, and one of her co workers uses it for kids with speech difficulties. Pre ipad/iPhone, this sort of software/ms tablet would cost you around $15,000 AUD. Don't ask me why, that was how much it was. Ipad and software combined now a lot less than a $1000. And instead of heavy and embarrassing, people actually want to carry it around and use it. The iPhone 6 + size...
At that price competition won't be good for HP. Maybe they plan to make it up in volume.