or Connect

Posts by Entropys

I think the GE/Honeywell merger fell over for a host of reasons, not because of what some public servant in Brussels thought. What this shows is the euro weenies take it apron the sleeves to spend euros on whether or not two yank companies can merge or not. And they wonder why there their economies are in the toilet. And another example of how the land of the free has fallen, that it puts up with this posturing, because that is all it is.
Sitting on the other side of the world, and seeing what is going on in the Ukraine, ISIS, Gaza, Iran's weapons program, China and Japan's tiffs, and how impotent the USA has become, this sort of bullshit in what was once the land of the free is why the US, and thus the whole world, is going down the toilet.
as well as the rokr by Motorola, the first PowerBooks were designed by Sony.
Even heavy iPad users such a myself do not have a super compelling reason to upgrade yet. Sure you can tweak or add a few features but at the end of the day, it is a screen to run apps. Jobs' vision has been near perfectly executed. The minimalist design means that there isn't a significant difference in appearance between models. Shallow, but no doubt a true driver of many upgrades for things like iPods and phones. And an iPad 2 can still run a lot of apps that an iPad...
A suspicious person would suspect Mr Carney is after another job altogether and is judiciously leaking he is being headhunted by moneybags Apple as a negotiating ploy to get a better pay packet. Who else on this planet would leak to the press that they were negotiating with a company to be employed by them? This whole thing smells. And if Aplle really has been talking to him, all this unseemly leaking to his mates in the press should ensure they do not talk to him...
Sapphire for watch, Corning glass for iPhones. You know that would be more realistic.
My workplace is a similar setup to yours, Lorin, although much bigger and it uses ms servers in the backend. We also have staff clamouring for iPhones and iPads as the preferred mobile devices. The IT management is pushing Surface, but to date have only got the VP to test. The line is that it would be just like using the desktop, but also has the benefits of a tablet. I got the IT manager to stand holding his surface (sans keyboard) in one hand and my iPad Air in the...
This move to me seems to be apple recognising that it needs to get into the enterprise space when it has concreted on the consumer space in the past, and IBM recognising it needs an integrated mobile solution.Microsoft doesn't need to partner with anyone. It has the back end, and importantly the IT departments in its pockets. The IT area only let Apple products in a a result of heavy and sustained user demand, particularly from executives. The current MS message is that...
From an employment perspective it means that Chinese wages are rising fast enough to make it worthwhile investing in automation. It is cheaper to pay for robot installation for some jobs than compete on price (wages) for manual labour. Sadly for some commenters, it's a zero sum game. Chinese people apparently can't get a job anywhere else but Foxconn, and aren't allowed to get paid more or get a better paying job.
Yes, poor timing. Also, I suspect that it would be quite unsatisfactory charging an iPad as one amp will take ages. Does the large battery need to even be built in anyway? Couldn't you just have the tray permanently connected to the wall?