or Connect

Posts by Entropys

Yes, poor timing. Also, I suspect that it would be quite unsatisfactory charging an iPad as one amp will take ages. Does the large battery need to even be built in anyway? Couldn't you just have the tray permanently connected to the wall?
This could be fabulous for some sports, like cross country running or MTB.
Personally, I would like this obvious outcome to add something interesting, like changing the profile of the iPhone/iPad depending on who activates it using Touch ID. So when the kids get given it as a modern day pacifier, it would automatically open up with restrictions that aren't there if mum was to put her pinky on it.
Quite so. only 4GB standard in a non upgradable machine is appalling. I was actually going to buy an 11 inch model on special last week, but turned out it was standard models only. And to get 8GB I had to BTO. So no sale.
Well Measuring UV exposure would be totally useless to anyone spending anytime in the sun. The risk aversion inherent in anyone manufacturing such sensors would mean they would start issuing warnings after 30 seconds. Just as well it does other things that are more useful than the headline feature.
I was worried about that last picture until I saw a partial of the cup at the top.
The journo who wrote this, Chenoworth, has form. He did a similar hatchet job on news ltd a few weeks ago as last year it won an $800 million court case against the ATO. As was clear com the court case, these companies are following the law and maximising benefit to the shareholder, who also pays taxes btw. He is clearly of the school of thought that all your money belongs to the government and whatever it leaves you you should be grateful. I agree with Kerry Packer. You...
Well, to be fair, the government forced them to do that. It is how they subsequently tried to spread their resultant risk that poisoned the well for everything else.
Leaving aside the fact that $4 from each manufactured device is an expensive form of quality control (more like a license fee) why on earth would Apple want to engage in checking the quality of a Philips stereo dock?
I am having trouble understanding the business model that has a fee as large as $4 at all. Why charge anything? The bigger the halo of accessories around the iPhone and iPad, the more sales of 30% + margin iPhones and iPads you sell as people remain comfortable in the halo. As it is the fee encourages producers to look to other connectivity solutions that cost nothing, and coincidently work with other devices. Thus reducing reasons to buy apple products. Also, can't apple...