or Connect

Posts by Entropys

I'd call that being taxed twice.
It really is an own goal wanting your economy building companies to be taxed twice. They have already paid tax where they earned the money, and for some reason the dumb politicians that dreamed up this stupid policy of taxing again when the company brings the rest home could not foresee the inevitable consequences. This is the result, all that effort could have been used to grow American companies on shore but instead gets tied up in lawyer games so politicians, rather...
quite so. But that view isn't very appealing to politicians and people inclined to central planning of economies, as it doesn't let them show they are doing something.
Does anywhere include anywhere not in the USA?
I initially laughed, but on reflection Orwellian is apropos.
Yeah I always thought looney tunes was just for laughs, but there is an actual lesson in there.Well, I suppose a producer could always improve their products by competing with themselves or even out of a sense of craftsmanship, but the truth is that progress and productivity would be much, much slower and the economy that much less overall. It would be against the interests of a monopoly to make rapid changes and improvements to a product as the development costs...
This is just a glorious demonstration of how capitalism works. competition drives continuous improvement and increased production that in turn is desired by consumers. aaple was made to improve its products because samsung was a competitive threat. Now it remains or be seen if samsung can keep up. Here is how it was seen sixty years ago, before we went and got all Keynesian:
I predict that eventually MCX is going to have to change from QR code to NFC. Then there would be no reason not to accept systems like Apple Pay, in fact they could set up a deal with Apple that includes a loyalty card system and does not involve the credit card companies. But in the meantime they are in for a great big bag of hurt.
Isn't it ironic that all the top three want to be as Apple like as possible, and one of them actually is Apple.
if you live in a country with download limits, streaming music is not a viable option. in fact a lot of iCloud functions present a dilemma if you have download caps.