or Connect

Posts by Multimedia

Thank you for all you have given to the world's communications system. And thank you for your great vision to help so many people create better than they would have otherwise done.
JetLaw is my new hero.
Waiting an extra month for a White iP4 has cost me a $250 early upgrade fee at launch or wait until Christmas (literally). So it's gonna be all about the camera - 8MegaPixels 1080P would probably convince me - and dual core A5 plus would like 64GB storage and 128GB in the iPTouch, I don't know how soon we'll be getting 4LTE service in Santa Cruz - separated from Santa Clara County's 4LTE service area by a big mountain range - so waiting for iP6 might be a vain exercise in...
If they remove FW800 and Ethernet without a single Thunderbolt adapter for both (or daisy chained) for less than $50 for both, I'll have to buy the previous model. The idea that few use FW800 is not fact. And the hard wired Ethernet is far faster than 802.11 n.
I Wasn't up to speed on Ivy Bridge. Were you? Here's an Executive Summary on Ivy Bridge:Intel's New Tri-Gate Ivy Bridge Transistors: 9 Things You Need to KnowLearning this makes me want to wait for Ivy Bridge too.
Intel website comparison of all 3 top Mini processors. Now you see what I mean about them all being so similar?
Plus AppleInsider discount when those sales kick in.
Only the i7s have Turbo Boost and Hyperthreading not these i5s. WRONG.$899 for the 2.7 GHz Dual Core i7 with AMD graphics capable of driving 3 monitors - confirmed with Apple Sales this morning - 2 daisy chained out the Thunderbolt port plus 1 out the HDMI port. The Quad Core i7 is a no go because it has no AMD graphics assist.The $899 2.7 GHz i7 has both Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz and Hyperthreading - dual threads per core - but not these i5s. WRONGSo all these reports...
i'm no graphics expert. So I asked Apple Sales support if the dedicated AMD chip feeds to the HDMI port as well as the Thunderbolt port. He confirmed the AMD graphics goes out BOTH HDMI and Thunderbolt ports. But they think you'll be fine with the entry level model plus $85 to OWC for a pair of 4GB RAM sticks. He also confirmed the Thunderbolt port will support daisy chaining TWO monitors in addition to the HDMI monitor. So 3 monitors are possible he said.Apple says you...
I see what you mean. Since I already have two 30" monitors already, it looks a little off-putting to me. And I don't like the iMac concept in the first place. Too hard to change HDs. I have a ton of them and am only adding 3TB each going forward. I guess I'm just looking at the $899 i7 Mac Mini as one heck of a bargain way into Thunderboltness this year if you have all the other parts to go with it. I even already have a new 3TB FW800 external HD still virgin in the box I...