or Connect

Posts by Multimedia

The best dual GIG Mac is the dual 1.25 GHz Mac that ships in October. But it costs a premium 1.53 times the price of a similarly configured dual 867. The dual 867 is the best dual for the money if you don't care about the SuperDrive or the 64MB Radeon 9000. Otherwise, the dual 1 GIG is the better dual for the money. Let me put it this way: dual 867 60/512/133/1MB L3 cache (w/SuperDrive/Radeon 9000/512MB RAM upgrades) $2150/$1950 w/o SuperDrive dual 1000 (+15% processor...
News from Roxio: Toast 5.2 with Yamaha CRW-F1 T@2 text/graphics burning design module will ship by mid-September at the latest. Please read this CRW-F1 feature page before you post unnecessary misinformation. The above warning about buffer-underrun Yamaha CDR drives refers to very OLD models. Nobody ships drives like that any more.
I too am on QT 5 because it's PRO and I don't want to go to QT 6 PRO until it is bundled that way with FCP 3.0.2. So would you please just tell us how many seconds that launch took?
From Yamaha tonight: "Roxio will be adding the DiscT@2 function into Toast Titanium in version 5.2." No release date given. Still waiting to hear from Roxio. CNET just gave this drive editor's choice. See the review at http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0-1095-404-20192504.html [ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: Multimedia ]

Received from Yamaha PR department today, The good news is that Roxio already supports the CRW-F1. We asked Roxio to create a special module for the DiscT@2 function and they have done so. Our CRW-F1ZDX shipping in earlyÂ*September will come bundled with Roxio Toast Lite which includes the DiscT@2 feature and soon after, Toast Platinum will support this feature as well. FYI, we have a very close relationship with Roxio and our main goal is to make sure our Macintosh users...
I agree with you. I'd like to upgrade my B/W overclocked to 500 MHz G3 to a dual 1GHz or at least one 1 GHz G4. Still waiting for an appropriate Zif option myself.
System: G4 500MHz Cube 1.5 GB RAM OS 10.1.5 Results: default launch 9.3 seconds 1450.9 MegaFlops or 1.45 GigaFlops Pretty bad number but this Mac feels quite quick for DSL web browsing, writing, mail. Looking forward to Jaguar performance improvement. Still on teh fence about moving to the dual 1.25 GHz MysteryMac™
No, I didn't get one yet. But those of you who have ordered one, please post a reception alert here when yours arrives. Curious if they are going to ship much sooner than Apple said they would. I've seen threads where they appear to be only days away from shipping rather than the originally reported months.
The Yamaha IDE CRW-F1 IS listed on http://www.pricewatch.com. It's at the bottom of the first Storage-> CD Recorders column: "$158 EIDE 44x24x44" including shipping. ($168 CA from ID) The Tatooing is done with graphics software that is included. They will be shipping SCSI and FireWire/USB2 external versions by the end of this month with total Macintosh solution software incuded. Go to their site and read ALL of...
Analogue bubblebath, I know it's Motorola's fault. I'm just saying that Apple should do whatever it takes to get a processor ANY PROCESSOR that will support the entire speed boost to the 333MHz DDR level as long as it processes instructions faster than the current G4 1.25 GHz. I don't care if it's a Pentium 4 AMD — whatever. I hope it's the new 8X capable IBM chip that is coming up.