or Connect

Posts by Multimedia

Never heard of it. Why? What do we need it for? Have you told Roxio?
Yo liquidh2o! Get that tower down on the floor where it belongs and you'll be much happier without all that noise in your face and wasted desktop space. PLEASE!
This is the resolution I have been waiting years for. Two of these give you 166% more desktop space than the Apple HD for $100 less money — 3200 x 1200 $3400 vs. 1920 x 1200 $3500. One ADB + one DVI + one Dual 1.25 GHz PowerMac and you'll be in 2003 PowerMac computing heaven for $6700. Formac is becoming the serious alternative flat panel monitor choice for Power Users who like to do their homework.
I think we might see the ATI 9700 as a BTO option for the PowerMac line by October or November.
There are an awful lot of wierd posts on this thread. How about common sense. Not too much and not too little. The PowerMacs went up a minimum of 25% and in some cases more than 100%. So I HOPE from Apple: PowerBooks: 1GHz/2MB L3 cache, 167MHz FSB Bus, 2700 DDR RAM max 2x1GB sticks, ATI Mobility 9000 32 MB Video, Bluetooth, USB2 $2995 800 MHz/1MB L3 cache, 133MHz FSB Bus, 2100 DDR RAM max 2x1GB sticks, ATI Mobility 9000 32 MB Video, Bluetooth, USB2 $2395 iBooks: When...
Spoke with Roxio tech support today and they said that they expected Toast 5.2 with Yamaha CRW-F1 Graphics/Text Burning and Jaguar 10.2 support might be posted as soon as Thursday September 5th.
Spoke with Roxio Tech Support today and they said the 5.2 Toast supporting the Yamaha CRW-F1 Graphics/Text Burning and 10.2 Jaguar may be released as soon as tomorrow.
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/scanners/csl30/index.html The NEW Canon LiDE 30 1200x2400 is only $99 and works exclusively off the USB power supply. There is no AC/DC connector. IE it is extreemely efficient. very light small and handy. I got one for a friend and she loves it. It can do low res email scans with the touch of one button and automatically attach to your preset email client...
For those of us who are waiting for the dual 1.25 GHz MDD, I suspect that ATI will be supplying Apple the 9700 by the time it ships as a BTO option. Or soon afterwards by November at the latest.
There will be no perceptable difference at the system level on either bus. The reason for a smaller fast drive is so the systems are CONFINED to a small space so they remain optimized.