or Connect

Posts by Multimedia

No, I didn't get one yet. But those of you who have ordered one, please post a reception alert here when yours arrives. Curious if they are going to ship much sooner than Apple said they would. I've seen threads where they appear to be only days away from shipping rather than the originally reported months.
The Yamaha IDE CRW-F1 IS listed on http://www.pricewatch.com. It's at the bottom of the first Storage-> CD Recorders column: "$158 EIDE 44x24x44" including shipping. ($168 CA from ID) The Tatooing is done with graphics software that is included. They will be shipping SCSI and FireWire/USB2 external versions by the end of this month with total Macintosh solution software incuded. Go to their site and read ALL of...
Analogue bubblebath, I know it's Motorola's fault. I'm just saying that Apple should do whatever it takes to get a processor ANY PROCESSOR that will support the entire speed boost to the 333MHz DDR level as long as it processes instructions faster than the current G4 1.25 GHz. I don't care if it's a Pentium 4 AMD — whatever. I hope it's the new 8X capable IBM chip that is coming up.
Apple would NEVER overclock a third party part from a manufacturer that has sold them 1.25 GHz processors they stand behind. These are not unethical people. I suggest this thread should be closed on the basis that it assumes that Apple is an unethical company that would LIE to their user base. That is absurd.
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/multimedia/customer/features/feat_prodsCRWF1_1.html The new revolutionary Yamaha 44x/24x/44x CRW-F1 is the only way to go in that second slot. It costs over $150 right now. But it can inscribe disc info on the unused portion of each CD with it's powerful inscriber capable laser. "DiscT@2™ Yamaha's exclusive DiscT@2™ system burns graphics...
I thought I was going to buy one before the announcement and independent evaluations since. But with the fake DDR memory that doesn't have a correspondingly fast FSB, it looks like a marketing trick rather than any sort of significant engineering achievement. I don't feel like buying a marketing trick this year. When Apple can deliver a FSB that matches the DDR memory bus, then I will buy the significant engineering advancement. Like the man said above, "Where's the...
At least we'll have 2 more keynotes to tide us over until MWSF. This new set of PowerMacs reminds me of the "Phony War" that preceded World War One. These are the "Phony Macs". The DDR that never was — The Side Grade called "Up". Until the FSB equals the memory bus we're just treading water. I expect 10.2.1 to be shipping by these two shows. Wonder when QT 6 Pro will ship with FCP 3.0.2 in the same box. Seems like Apple takes forever to keep it's software update...
I think the most disappointing part of the new PowerMac Lineup is simply the LONG WAIT one must endure to get the dual 1.25 GHz model. By then you will probably have posted pictures of the SF MacWorld G4 or G5 PowerMacs. It seems like the longest wait Apple has ever asked it’s most loyal and highest spending followers to cool their jets. I can’t even think about ordering before those models are shipping because of all the technology changes that will have happened by then...
You know those of us who want the top have to wait until OCTOBER to score. A wait that long makes me want to wait to order until then. No telling what specs will change including 10.2.1 probably. I am also waiting for FCP 3 to be certified for 10.2 + to have QT 6 Pro in the box. So October seems like enough time for the remainder of QT 5 Pro FCP 3's to be flushed through the pipeline. Word is that iMovie 3 will also be released by then. And iCal and the rest of the July...
Hey Guys. Download the technology Overview PDF from the Apple PowerMac page http://www.apple.com/powermac/specs.html to find all sorts of comparisons between the new Macs and the dual GHz from yesterday. I'd say according to that 29 page document there is no question even the dual 867 is a better value than yesterday's dual GHz. [ 08-13-2002: Message edited by: Multimedia ] [ 08-13-2002: Message...