or Connect

Posts by Godzilla

I keep hearing shorts talk about "$524" as a point to pile in. I'm clearing up some leeway and starting to think about adding to my positions (weighted enough so that I didn't want to, but it's becoming too attractive to pass up).
  People who have rode this same ol' same ol' since they bought the stock long ago, are doing pretty well with their purchases. They rode out AAPL going from $360 to $300, $430 to $350, etc. etc. last year, and the year before.... and before, etc.   If you want to make real profits on AAPL, you simply buy and hold. If you are a great trader, and have lots of time and energy and stress to spare, then you can do quite well by trading it.    Certain companies it's best to...
You're getting desperate. There was no guessing involved. I'll bet you all my AAPL shares that AAPL will get well above $620 again. How much are you willing to bet that they won't? Again, long term investor VS short term trader. Here lies the disparity.
When AAPL fell to $360, I had bought my most recent shares at $420. I felt bad then, sure, but I feel pretty damn good about my logical and fundamentally sound call now. Same will happen to those who bought at $620. At $620, you're still getting a brilliant company at a very cheap price (P/E of 14). You can't predict where the markets will go, but you can practically predict where a stock will go in the long term (up, down, stock price ratio relative to assumed earnings,...
At the same time, when AAPL was stuck at $380 levels and even lower with a 13 P/E last year, and I bought thinking the Stock should be at $600 already, was that fundamental logic or luck? Or when AAPL is well over $800 in a year and a half or so (maybe by the end of this year), will that be luck or simple fundamental sense?    I think the divide here is short term VS long term outlook. If Joe-Investor likes AAPL, and liked Apples performance and fundamentals to buy...
Understand that how the market works is merely a guess, I'm not contesting that. I'm talking *fundamentals*. If the market were fundamentally driven, then buying AAPL anywhere is a great investment, because it's drastically undervalued. Your "I told you so" is simple luck, AAPL could have easily gone the other way.... BUT.... the market is irrational, isn't it? Maybe I trust fundamentals too much, and in the short term it's quite inconsistent, but in the long term, it's...
However, who can blame anyone for thinking that AAPL should head up and up, when it just posted incredible (INCREDIBLE) quarterly results.... in fact, their best ever. XMax quarter was initially their best quarter, but such a blowout in what's usually a pretty slow quarter, showing that XMas-Quarter numbers were no fluke, is the strongest "Buy Signal" if I've ever heard one.   Not to mention, Forward P/E levels almost in the single digits, iPhone 5 coming this year,...
Nope. I just hate irrationality. I've heard people compare Apple to that of U.S bonds, now to the Arizona housing bubble. What I realize is that doomsday-seekers will stop at nothing to scare themselves out of smart investments. Apple is the exact opposite of any of any of that.
More irrelevant doomsday scenario's. So Apple is like the Arizona housing bubble? LOL, where do you guys come up with this stuff?
This I agree with. While his iPhone prediction can very well happen I think (China just surpassed the U.S in phone subscribers, and Apple is just getting its feet wet in China, HUUGE growth coming there, and they LOVE Apple products, and will for a long time), I think to really solidify a case to be consistent in their enormously impressive growth, they will need new products.... and rest assured, Management aren't a bunch of dummies (Apple isn't the most valuable...