or Connect

Posts by G520incher

Hi,   I have exhausted myself searching the internet for a free copy of windows and I need help. Here is my situation:   I've been on Mac for 6 years now and have nothing but macs in my home. I run a home-based business and have discovered a custom piece of software through a friend of a friend who designed and compiled it that can save me literally hundreds of hours of research work and I'm neck deep in projects right now. The problem is it only runs on windows...
Just an update: I contacted OWC where I bought the RAID 0 drive and explained the situation to one of their tech reps and he suggests that the best, most immediate action I can take is to simply buy a USB 1.5TB external like their OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro for 167.99 USD to backup the RAID 0 drive. This way I keep the speed but have the comfort in knowing all that data is being backed up daily in case of failure. I understand it is his job to upsell to me in such...
I just want to say thanks so much for taking the time to respond with such a detailed and informative post. It's made me realize the huge mistake I've made in not researching this better. I went on an assumption and didn't realize I might be creating a bigger problem. I do however, still need a solution so I'm going to try and break this down better to show my train of thought.I'm not trying to do either of these things. I know you mentioned getting a Mac Pro and I agree,...
Hi, I've never used an external HD before and I just picked up a 1.5 TB Mercury Elite-AL Pro Dual Bay Raid 0 with FW 800 for use in my home recording studio. I just have some questions regarding what would be the best way to configure it as opposed having everything on my Macbook Pro. I have an M-Audio Axiom 61 midi controller and all of my software synths and programs are currently on my Macbook Pro (2.4Ghz, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD). They include the...
Marvin: Thanks for the information. I'll likely go with the i7 because the main graphics and rendering program I use is Vue 8 Infinite and it will use as many cores as you can throw at it, as well as being multi-threaded, so those extra 4 threads will probably prove useful. Splinemodel: Just click the link in my signature to go to my website. I suggest moving to the left sidebar and under 'Browse This Store' click the second link: 'Crazy Cool Mousepads' for the...
Hey Everyone, I'm not sure if this question has been asked before. I did a search across all threads but the search eliminates the terms i5 and i7 because they are too short, so I came up with nothing. I'm picking up a 27 inch iMac and am wondering what the main differences are between the i5 and i7 processors (aside from clock speed). I'm trying to keep my budget as low as possible but I also want to future proof the system as much as I can because money has been...
Imagine if Hitler had access to such technology. Where might we be today? Privacy is a right we continually need to fight to keep, or rest assured, it will be taken away.
Hi, I'm involved in a research project to guage what is technically possible at this moment in time in regards to designing a desktop, a laptop and a mobile tablet device completely without the concern of the cost/profit structure of our society limiting it in any way. To give an example of what I mean, here is what I am looking for: Project Objective: To design the best possible prototype while taking into account the following: - As close to 100% recyclable...
No. He owns 3 different strip clubs/malls and makes half of his income on second life. However, he interacts with a lot of women also which makes his gf a bit uncomfortable. To my knowledge though, he's not cheating. I don't think he would.Yes. Sorry. He had said the terminal but turns out it is the console he keeps seeing open on his system. He's running OSX 10.5.Is there a way to have console not log everything? And he wants to know if he can send console to the trash....
A friend of mine plays an online game called "Second Life" which is a virtual reality world where players interact with each other through text chat, etc. His girlfriend also plays the game but seems to have found a way to monitor his chats through checking log files from the terminal within OSX. I've helped him out as best I can by addressing "library->Application Support->Second Life" and having him delete the text files of all his conversations being stored there, but...