or Connect

Posts by G520incher

Actually, if you study the few remaining indigenous cultures left on the planet, where the idea for a resource based economy came from, you'll see that human beings once upon a time were very caring of each other, worked together as a community and shared the earth's resources with each other to further themselves as a whole. It was the introduction of a monetary system that ultimately led to greed, abuse of others and hoarding of resources that created an imbalance.It...
Good point which I hadn't considered. This is the first forum I've presented this in so far, so it is kind of a test bed for me to figure out the best way to present this. The first film does take about 20 mins to get into the meat of it. The beginning has a purpose which is brought full circle at the end. The entire film is an art/activist style new age film and the director and producer (Peter Joseph) also composed all the music. I agree that the first 20 mins should be...
Because it is not as simple as just saying "this is what we have to do". Most people don't understand how our current monetary system even works, how money is created and governed, and the devastating effects it has had on the world as a whole. This aspect needs to be understood and it is detailed very effectively in the films, and especially in the last presentation at the bottom of the post. I've talked to economists who have worked in the field for 15 years who never...
Hey, I just put together a new home recording studio for myself and I'm looking for a really fast (10,000 or 15,000 rpm) HD to connect to my Macbook Pro. All instruments and effects are VST and my setup consists of an M-Audio Axiom 61 midi controller, and I'm running Ableton Live 8, along with Ministry of Rock, Omnisphere, Sampler, Kore, Kontakt, Reason and a pretty big REX2 library. Omnisphere and Ministry of Rock are both system hogs, with both of them relying on...
Just want to say upfront that I'm not here to argue/debate with anyone. Open discussion is invited. The world is a mess. Debt is at something like 52 trillion globally. Countries owing other countries. War is perpetual, along with social violence, crime, poverty and environmental destruction. A billon or so people on the planet are starving to death, with an average of 34,000 children alone dying every single day from preventable poverty and disease (approximately one...
Thanks both of you for your reply's! Marvin, you are correct, my current cinema is an ADC. My G5 is DVI and I have the big conversion brick to the ADC. I'm unsure if I can even connect an ADC display to the MBP. I'll have to look into that. What do you think about Apple Refurbs? I've been looking at some and I can acquire some pretty good savings. Currently looking at a 15 inch unibody MBP, 2.8 Ghz, 4 GB 1033, with the 9400M & 9600M and a 128 GB SSD for $2249 CDN,...
Hey Everyone, I currently own a dual 2 Ghz PowerMac G5, 5.5 GB DDR2 533 Ram, Nvidia GeForce 6600 LE 128 MB, etc with the old 20 inch Cinema (plastic bezel) display. I'm looking to upgrade to the new 13 inch Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR3 1033 Ram, 9400M 256 MB, etc. I would love the Mac Pro Quad but can't afford it right now. The iMac was an option but I'm attending college in January so the portability of a laptop would be great and I have the 20 inch...
I am really interested in any comments regarding the second part of my earlier post. I agree with Wizard that this has got to be something major they are working on hardware-wise. Apple doesn't do anything that is going to impact profits and set them back a bit up front (such as pushing the release date forward 6-8 weeks).
Yeah, the new QuickPath Interconnect is in Nehalem and newer processors. I'm pretty sure Montevina still uses a FSB.
I generally understand the differences between the CPU and chipset but I do not have a technical understanding like many of you, so this is all pure speculation as I don't know if it's possible or even plausible, given battery considerations, heat dissipation, etc. But my understanding is that by Apple providing their own chipset, they can basically reconfigure the motherboard, yes? So is it possible that they might create a motherboard that can handle dual processors...