or Connect

Posts by G520incher

Should I maybe reword this? I'm taking all the Ram out and reinstalling it. Since it is installed in pairs, should I install the 2x 256 MB first, and then the 2x 512MB, then the 4x 1GB?...Or should I install it in reverse, with the 1 GB's first, then the 512's, then the 256's? Thanks for any replies.
Hi Everyone, I just bought 4 GB of Ram for my Powermac G5 and I already had 1.5 GB to start with. I'm just wondering which is a better configuration: 2x256 2x512 2x1GB 2x1GB ...Arranged from the inside out, or vice versa with the large denominations first, going down to the smallest sizes? I can't find the manual anywhere but I seem to remember one being better than the other. Thanks for the help!
What an ugly piece of garbage!! Enough said.
Personally, it's not so much about market trends or what is hot at the moment. What I care about is when I'm creating and editing a 2,376,465,297,360 polygon scene and I'm doing a 270 degree fly-through and my graphics start choking. I care about having to reduce my scene illumination settings and cut down the quality of my renders so when I finally do render my 9600x7200 image for print, I can reduce the time it takes from 45 hours to 26 hours. It would be damn nice...
Hey, Regarding the Ram you buy, I just wanted to extend my thoughts on the above mention. If you purchase extra Ram through Apple your looking at an extra $500 to outfit your Mac Pro with 4 GB Ram total: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ANGfX4b/2.?p=0 However, if you buy from another supplier such as OWC, you can buy an extra 8 GB of Ram for $399, and that is on top of the 2 GB you already get included with your new Mac Pro! So you end up with 10 GB Ram...
I appreciate your two cents mjteix, I am going to grab a new Mac Pro. The 24-inch iMac was definitely on my mind, but I agree that if I'm going to fork out that kind of cash, it should be towards a machine that I am completely happy with, and a machine that is going to last me at least a few years. I just didn't want to make a bad decision. I've read in other threads that the new Mac Pro will crush my G5, so that's good news...lol. Not sure about the display at this...
Hi All, With the new Mac Pro going 8-core across the board (except the single chip version), and the Mac Mini and Mac laptops sitting at dual core, what do you think the chances are of the iMac going quad-core? Or, as people have been asking for years for, Apple releasing a new Mac between the iMac and the Mac Pro with all quad-cores? My dilemma is, I want to upgrade my current Powermac G5 2-Ghz dual-core (late 2005 low end version) and I want a bigger display than...
Really? I have TechTool Pro! YES!! I'll start it up right now and see what I can do. Thank you VERY MUCH!
Hi, I've had a hell of a morning. My young nephew was playing on my computer this morning while I was asleep and dragged a desktop folder into the trash. When I got up, I came on my computer and without checking, emptied the trash. It took a bit to empty it, something like 2500 files, and it didn't click right away that something was wrong...Doh! By the time I realized something was definitely wrong it had deleted all the files. Basically all my important files are...
If Apple is planning on releasing a redesigned MacBook Pro, I may be too early for this prediction, but I think it is going to incorporate the following: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...interface.html This might also explain the "secret" features that haven't been disclosed for the new Leopard operating system. Whatever the changes might be, I'm looking forward to it. I love the redesigns that Apple always thinks up. It is one of the reason's I am such a...