or Connect

Posts by G520incher

Ok. The first link doesn't work and the second one talks about having a G4 Powerbook or PowerMac and using it with a cinema display....which doesn't sound like my problem. I have a brand new G5 dual-core machine with the GeForce Card and I want to run my old bevel framed 20 inch Cinema display. So which do I need?
Hello, I just picked up my brand new dual-core 2 Ghz PowerMac G5 today, brought it home and realized that my old-style (bevel frame) 20 inch Cinema Display doesn't connect to the video card, not even with the included adapter. My old PowerMac did however (single 1.6 Ghz, Rev A). Luckily I had an old VGA display which I'm using right now. Do I need a DVI to ADC adapter?....and can I find one at Future Shop, Best Buy, or another computer shop, or does it have to be...
I agree Programmer. I've had my G5 for almost three years now and before that I was strictly using PC's. I use PC's at work, my friends have PC's, my family has PC's.....I'm around them all the time but I absolutely love my PowerMac and aside from the obvious advantages of OSX over Winblows, the hardware is what I have also fallen in love with. I have had no problems with my system whatsoever, and it is still pretty damn fast, especially for a single 1.6 Ghz...
I just ordered a 2 Ghz dual-core G5 and I'm expanding the Ram to 1.5 GB for now. When I get some extra money I'll be upgrading to the 7800GT graphics chip and I may add some more Ram, but we'll see. My current machine with 1.5 GB's Ram shows in status monitor as never using more than half of it, but with two cores that might be different. I can't wait. I had made the assumption earlier that only one of my apps takes advantage of multiple processors, but in fact all of...
I should mention that only one of my design programs, which I do not use frequently is optimized for multiple processors, and the rest are only designed to run on one processor. Individual processor speed may be more important to me than combined processor speeds.
Do you guys have any suggestions for me? Over the next two months I'm building a third website, and I need to render 80 of my images in 14 different sizes each. Aside from that I am still designing and rendering every day, and can't stand to do it anymore on my single 1.6 Ghz G5. I really want a substantial speed increase, but like I said, all of my Apps won't be optimized anytime soon on the Intel's, so should I go for a dual core G5?....or maybe the old dual 2.7...
Why couldn't Apple just use G5 processors? They already have a G5 Quad, and the dual core G5's made next to no difference over the 2 x single G5 processors, except in graphics performance, but that has more to do with the adoption of PCIe than the dual cores. We know they are planning on switching to Intel processors before the end of the year, and we know that Intel's won't be going into a PowerMac till at least the 2nd part of 2006, so why not update with G5's? I...
What are the chances that Apple will go with an all Quad PowerMac lineup...And if so, how soon? I find the following to be interesting to say the least: iMac Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz - 2 MB shared L2 667 Mhz System Bus 512 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 Ram 250 GB SATA ATI Radeon X1600 / 256 MB 8x Superdrive Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 20 inch Wide LCD $1774.00 PowerMac Dual Core G5 2.0 Ghz - 1 MB L2 / Core 1000 Mhz System Bus 512 MB 533 Mhz DDR2 160 GB...
I know its early yet to be getting speed results for the new Intel iMacs but I'm looking at purchasing the 2.0 Core Duo in the next few weeks, and all I've heard about is Photoshop and iTunes so far. Anyone get a system yet, and know how other applications run under Rosetta? I use less common graphics programs such as Bryce 5.5, Vue 5, Artmatic Pro & Voyager, and I would really like to know how well these will run under Rosetta. I currently have a Rev. A 1.6 Ghz...
AND I LOVE IT!! Of course it is my first experience owning a laptop and I've only had it a night so far but it is a fun little machine. Bought the 12 inch, 1.33 Ghz G4, 512 MB, combo, ATI 9550 32 MB Video, OSX 10.4.2. Spent till 3am loading on my main design software, tools, utilities, etc. I bought it because I'm away from home so much and I run an online design business and I've been getting buried in work lately. Have a single 1.6 Ghz G5 and 20 inch Cinema at home...