or Connect

Posts by G520incher

I'm going to try and be as detailed as possible here because I've tried everything I can think of, I've checked all the manuals, and I've contacted Propellerhead Software, M-Audio & the store I bought it from. (waiting for responses) I figured I would try in here in case anyone has run into these problems and maybe it is an OSX 10.2.8 issue only? I'm on a PowerMac G5 single 1.6 Ghz with 1.5 GB Ram, running OSX 10.2.8 Jaguar. I have an M-Audio Oxygen 8 usb/midi...
Thank you very much for the responses. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I just bought Reason 2.5 this weekend at a discounted price along with an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller. Haven't been home yet to try them out but really looking forward to it. I figure I will upgrade at a later time to 3.0 because I am interested in the Combinator and the new mastering tools. For now though, getting used to the program and what I can do with it should keep me busy for...
My current configuration is: PowerMac G5 single 1.6 Ghz 1.5 GB DDR333 Ram Nvidia GeForce Ultra with 64MB OSX 10.2.8 Can I expect a big overall performance increase by upgrading to 4GB Ram (max), a 256 MB Radeon card, and OSX 10.4.1 Tiger? I've been wanting to upgrade to a dual G5 machine but money just got very tight for me and it would be at least 6 months before i could grab a new machine. I'm trying to decide if I should just wait it out for a new machine or...
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone here uses either Reason 2.5 or preferably Reason 3.0 with their PowerMac G5, and how good or bad it runs it? I have a PowerMac G5 1.6 Ghz with 1.5 GB Ram and I'm buying version 3.0 in a few weeks. Can anyone give me an idea of how many units in the rack are possible with such a setup? Thanks.
I had a thought about Think Secret. If they wanted to get back at Apple for filing a lawsuit against them, wouldn't this be the ultimate way? When you find out that Apple is releasing a small update, announce yourself, that they are releasing dual core processors on this date, stirring up huge excitement among fans, then change it to a later date at the last second, causing more havoc, then at the very last minute, announce the actual new specs. Think Secret comes...
Quote: "If you want a comparison to P4's, the Athlon 64 FX-55 (@2.6GHz) is about equivalent to a 5.2GHz P4E at gaming, FPU and 3D related benchmarks. In comparison to G5s, a 2.5GHz G5 is roughly equivalent to a 3.2GHz Pentium P4E (optimistically, much lower in some things like gaming). Thus, a 2.5GHz G5 is roughly equivalent to a 1.6-2.0 GHz Athlon 64." When you talk about the 2.5 Ghz G5, you are talking about a single processor right?....I will assume that. So by...
Cool, thanks for the clarification guys. I figured I would ask here since I know most of you know your stuff.
I self admittingly know nothing about how GPU's and CPU's operate and the major differences between them. I was thinking hypothetically, if Apple decided to make their own graphics chips so their not limited by ATI and Nvidia's offerings, how would they go about doing that? Could they use part of their current G5 chip to create a kickass GPU or would they need something completely different for that? Just trying to get a better idea of how the technology works. Thanks.
Quote: "this will be a disappointing update for those who can't wait to replace their older G5's with the latest and greatest." I am one of those people, and I cannot imagine Apple releasing single core processors with those specs. That would be pathetic. With all the talk of 970MP's, the competition going dual core next week, and Steve's 3 Ghz prediction already nearly a year late, I imagine it would be suicide. I'm purchasing a new machine in three months. If...
Just checked, and yes, the U.S. and Canada stores are down. I really hope this is for the PowerMac update, and not something else. I have my cash ready for a brand spankin new dualie to replace my G5 single 1.6. COME ON APPLE!!