or Connect

Posts by G520incher

If it is going to be at home the vast majority of the time, why not buy a mac mini and the 20 inch display? You would save a lot of money and still be as portable, at least for moving it around. I personally would get the 20 inch iMac however. Much faster processor, much faster system, its all-in-one and you would still save big bucks!! Just my opinion. (- :
Thanks guys for the advice. I was pondering it again over the weekend, and finding a great web host first is probably the best option. At the very least it offers the ability to test my success before investing a great deal of time and money into my own server, nevermind the required upkeep and education needed to do it sucessfully. As to the question if wallpaper sites are even profitable? Some are very profitable, a lot are not. The two sites I am directly...
Introducing The New PowerMac G5 Orgasmic....Because Multiples Are Always Better Than One. (- ;
Where I put the server is of no consequence to me, I mean if it is really loud I can build a sound proofed box with an internal rack and cooling system. That brings up an interesting thought though. I wonder what it is like standing in the xServe room at Virginia Tech when it is at or near full load capacity? My other questions are more important. Does anyone here own an xServe or work with them? Thanks.
I am starting up a desktop wallpaper website in the near term and am currently looking for hosts, and I have of course been contemplating purchasing a dedicated server. I am not familiar at all with servers or server software, but with the vast majority of hosts offering limited bandwidth, it is on my mind a great deal. I am expecting a minimum of 4-6 GB of file transfer per day once the site is up and advertised (based on my competitors). I want room for expansion...
Yeah, after looking at murchison's predictions I would agree it is more likely. I've been seeing a lot of people going way out there with predictions and I've noticed a trend in that, before every new release people go way overboard and Apple releases modest updates but nothing over the top. I have a PowerMac G5 1.6 Ghz with 1.5 GB Ram and the 5200 Ultra vid card, along with the old 20 inch Cinema and I have been very happy with performance overall. I do a lot of...
Hey all, I've been reading all of the postings lately with great interest and have decided to start a prediction thread. Of course many are floating around and many will follow, but I have my own ideas of things to come, so here goes: PowerMac Update: Single 2.3 Ghz G5 970MP (dual core) $1799 Dual 2.3 Ghz 970MP $2299 Dual 2.5 Ghz 970MP $2799 Dual 3.0 Ghz 970MP $3299 Upgraded systems (i.e. X800 graphics, 2 or 3 400 GB drives, Dual Layer perhaps, although I...
Thanks for the advice about getting a 15 inch PB. I suppose if I was limiting my time to word processing and internet surfing the 12 inch would do nicely, but with PS's multiple pallettes and most of my other programs utilizing a small window surrounded by tools, the larger screen will make a world of difference. Do any of you own a G5 and a G4? My single 1.6 G5 is very fast (it kills my girlfriends P4 2.4 when rendering large files), but I really want to upgrade later...
Thank you very much for all the help!! I have been veering more and more towards a Powerbook but I wanted to get an idea from others first, of the differences between the iBook & Powerbook. I am hoping that Apple updates the Powerbook line very soon because I really love the idea of purchasing the 12 inch Powerbook. I want something small, light, but powerful enough to hold its own, and good battery life would be an added bonus. One of the only reasons I would...
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy an Apple laptop and I'm trying to keep my costs down as much as possible, but I want something that will handle my needs well. I have never owned a laptop before so any advice, no matter how trivial you think it is, is appreciated. First I'll mention what I will be doing with it and then I'll mention the setup I already have at home as that is pertinent to my decision. I am a CGD artist and I create computer desktop wallpapers, as...