or Connect

Posts by G520incher

Hey everyone, Not sure I'm in the right area for these questions. I'm on a powermac G5 running OSX 10.2.8 I want to build a website on .mac so I can host an online petition and other information, including photo's, audio files, and video files. I'm interested in the .mac service because of all the other featues too, and the compatibility with my computer and OSX. But, I need the site to be compatible for windows users, since 90% of people will be connecting to...
Thanks for the comments folks. I'm looking into a couple of your ideas. I don't have a camcorder at the moment. Take care everyone.
Hey everyone, I'm hoping this can be done somehow because I can't buy the material I have, on DVD. I want to run video from my VCR into my Mac G5 so I can load it into iMovie, encode it and burn it to DVD. Is this possible and what would I need to do it. If I require any hardware or software, which I assume I will, can you list the approximate pricing, and where I could find this stuff? Thanks a lot.
I've seen a lot of people talking about why Apple didn't include the ATI 9800XT, 256MB card on the high end Mac. Not charging people for something they may not need is an excellent point, but there is another one that no one seems to be considering. If you go to the Apple site and read up on the 9800XT card, you'll realize that it is a much bigger card and Apple states that it will eliminate one of the PCI-X slots because it requires so much room. That is definately...
I would have liked to have seen a 3 Ghz G5 come about soon, but I don't plan on buying another Mac for at least another couple of years. I am a switcher, and I own a PowerMac G5 1.6 Ghz with 1.5GB ram. Ironically, the very day I went to the Apple store to buy a G4 was the day the new G5's were announced, so I opted for the low end given the extra power and lower price ratio. Bought the 1.6 and a 20inch cinema display and I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything except...