or Connect

Posts by patsu

I had some issues with 7.0 TouchID. iOS7.1 Touch ID has been perfect so far. ^_^
I have no problem charging my iPhone and iPads in 7.0.x or 7.1 (so far). iOS7 is better than iOS6 in many ways on newer hardware. But there are shortfalls in 7.0.x. 7.1 is actually pretty solid. It takes some getting used to after using classical iOS for so long though.
 Bloom fuel cells powered by biogas according to here:http://gigaom.com/2013/11/18/apple-solar-farm-fuel-cell-farms-exclusive-photos-investigative-report/
 Any iOS7 app can send and receive iBeacon signals if it wants to. So every iOS7 device is effectively an iBeacon in the context of iBeacon-like solutions. Naturally if the device is off, or if the app is not running, then it's just a phone.
 Yes, it depends on your use cases of course. Some iBeacon claims longer battery life perhaps because they emit less ?As for MLB not using straight iBeacons.... that's in the stadium side. Every iOS7 device is an iBeacon. That's what's driving the iBeacon economy today.
They obey DNT. Otherwise people will be kicking MS' ass right now. What gets ignored may be IE's DNT "default on" policy. Advertisers agreed to the entire DNT framework provided the DNT flag is off by default. But IE defaults it to on, pissing off the advertisers.
There are many kinds of iBeacon. Some last longer battery-wise, but they may have less features. In fact, devices like iPhone and Android phone can be iBeacons too.
I was replying to "how they specifically use it". ^_^Their track record in implementing privacy mechanisms is good enough for me. Their business do not rely on advertising anyway.
They do have control over the app in AppStore. A few apps got delisted because of feedback and complains by users.Why can't I mention malware ? They can use BLE too. If an app abuses iBeacon to invade user privacy, it is a malware.They only honor it now after the lawsuit. Everyone has reluctantly fall in line now after so many years. People had to fight for their...
I think so too. Perhaps Apple should make anti-tracking solutions. Everyone may want one once every little thing starts analyzing us. XD