or Connect

Posts by patsu

Me too !Come to think of it, it's like TV.Even if Samsung TV comes with smart OS, I will still use AppleTV because it's just a more natural extension of my other so called digital lifestyle preferences.Of course there will be iOS apps. If the rumours are correct, the ATV will have apps. iOS in the car looks similar in requirements to me. They already have the new Text kit that can accommodate different text styling and screen layout in iOS7 right ?Frankly, if there is an...
I don't know if this is abnormal. If the literature are right, Steve Jobs always challenge and debate to make sure they have the right product. I don't know if they want to take over the car OS, the car manufacturers use very primitive hardware. What Apple may want to do is to make sure their services can be transferred over in a pristine and secure way. No point rolling out something for the car and give the hackers a back door. If they add more new hardware to the...
That is only if Apple have the data. If they don't keep the data, there is nothing to hand over. The phone (voice mail) companies, the free email providers, the cloud storage and VM providers, the advertising platform companies would be more affected since they keep a huge amount of user data.When I was in a VoIP startup, FBIs sometimes show up with court orders to access specific users' voice inbox.
Welp, what's to stop tainted components in your router, PC and [drum roll~] servers ?[EDIT: Incidentally, this is why I'm very curious about a US designed and built Mac Pro] If you want to look at human vulnerability, it won't be just Samsung and Apple. People running Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Facebook, etc. services can be tempted, fooled or threatened too. There are even richer user data in those environments, nicely analyzed and profiled. Snowden himself is a great...
Ah, then it is piece of cake for NSA to track you. ^_^They don't even need to jailbreak your phone to track your activities online. Everything has been harvested by the ads people on the server side. And big and small companies share data between each other.
Those are different mechanism altogether from the jailbreak, rootkit type exploit.They are more like user tracking in popular social networks today. Users are already volunteering a lot of location, preferences and relationship data to feed their favorite services. They only need to intercept the network and servers to get more info.If the users sets the preferences to stop cookie or any form of tracking, the OS, app and service providers have to stop doing so.
The report is outdated. These remote exploits are all possible with jailbreaks and open source software. In 2010, iOS had a remote PDF jailbreak exploit that was fixed.Since then, iOS and Mac security have beefed up significantly. It's now sandboxes everywhere compared to 2010. It will continue to be a cat and mouse game as Apple rewrite their software frequently.But the NSA is resourceful. If they can't do it remotely, they will try to gain physical access to your...
Google were asked to jointly bid for Novell and Nortel patents:http://jaxenter.com/microsoft-respond-to-google-s-nortel-and-novell-patent-accusations-37297.htmlOracle Java case was about copyright infringement. Still, it requires licensing from Oracle which google never pay up. It will be interesting to see how Oracle's appeal turn out. Words on the street are saying that Oracle will win.Claiming Google haven't sued Apple when Motorola is a google company is wrong. In...
 Nah... marketshare is not everything. Not saying they are doing a crappy job, but they need to make enough money to sustain their high spending. The Chinese will eventually choose their own destiny. They will use their own app store and services when their government is ready. None of the American sites and services made it there during the Internet boom. None of them will be allowed to dominate in the mobile boom. Apple will only aim for the premium market, like the Mac....
It's not that haphazard.   Google want to play God.   Where disputes are concerned, they want to stay behind the scene without getting their hands dirty. Let Samsung, and other Android licensees do the wet work.   Where credits are concerned, they want it all. Like Microsoft buying out the major motion tracking companies, Google want to buy out all the major promising players to stop Apple's advances. Then again, the world is very big. :-)