or Connect

Posts by patsu

If it is slow, it's likely they run on different networks or even operated by different parties.I wonder if the recent Apple CDN rumor will help address it. They may need to "own" and upgrade more of the infrastructure to improve the QoS. That and the SMS/MMS side fixes (for non-iOS users) seem unavoidable.
Apple probably do that already. I suspect some of the problems may lie with the telcos. Their SMS systems, especially in countries with lax regulations, don't always acknowledge a delivery under heavy load. Apple won't be able to know for sure that the SMS went through.Whatever their fix is or will be, it may require tighter telco cooperation.
They will get a lawsuit either way.
Dude, you should log a report or see a Genius so Apple know about it.Or restore your phone to get back 4GB.Waiting for a fix without doing anything won't help you.
I hope Apple see this as an opportunity. Seamless data roaming + "any" device messaging sounds like a good package if they can enhance iMessage to handle all these edge cases and extended use cases.
They maybe both correct. e.g., The bug doesn't affect everyone, and perhaps not all the time.
It's not a functioning activation server. They just use it to gather your ID and password, then hit the real activation server with your phone to activate it. Not very useful in this regard but still harmful since they can use your iTunes credentials for follow-up attacks.This is why I suspect there may be 2 different hacks. The other one is more "useful" for bulk activation since they may not need your credentials to do so (I don't know yet).
Probably Ill-advised ?The iTunes for Windows vulnerability has nothing to do with iOS and Mac.They can steal your credentials if you're using iTunes for Windows activation, by setting up a fake activation server and tricking the router to send you to the fake server.
Yap. 2 separate issues unless iTunes Windows does not verify *all* server certs. I haven't heard anyone say that yet. Only activation server cert so far.iTunes Win doesn't know if the activation server cert is authoritative because it skipped the check for whatever reason, so the connection stays up.
They are afraid of hackers poisoning the DNS on the WiFi router to route you to the fake activation server.Even if the Wifi channel is encrypted, it can still serve you bad data from the wrong server in this scenario. The hackers will decrypt your requests on this fake server.This is possible because allegedly, iTunes for Windows doesn't verify the activation server cert. iOS and Mac do, and so will call out the fake servers.